PDA

View Full Version : Rear view Camera

Montana_883
01-30-2005, 06:13 AM
Has anyone installed rear view camera. I seen an ad for a combo kit that replaced your standard radio with a monitor that runs Cd's, switch to rear view (auto in reverse), and AM/FM radio. It was very pricey. But would be very handy.

harleyrider
01-30-2005, 09:47 AM
I have a rear view camera.Not the one you mentioned but non the less it works great.Bought it on line at www.rvcams.com fairly easy install.The monitor is color and the picture stays surprizingly steady.Its nice to know whats behind you while traveling down the highway.I can see three lanes of traffic.I have the camera mounted on the top of my rear ladder.

Montana_2048
01-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Hey Harley.... Just wonder how you ran the wire fwd on your 5ver...

harleyrider
01-30-2005, 09:05 PM
BigSk

I ran the wire down on the inside of the rear ladder.tying it up every 12 inches or so with plastic ties.Underneath I removed the screws of the underbelly and shoved the wire in all the way up to the propane compartment,threw the front storage compartment.From their I took a strip of thin metal,bent one end to put the wire in,then shoved it threw to the king pin(that was the hardest part)but it worked fine.Hope that helped you

Bill Hill
01-31-2005, 04:08 PM
Ooooh, a new toy that I can tell the wife that I can't live without!

Bill and Ann
02-01-2005, 01:54 AM
Harleyrider: Did you ever look at the cordless units from Radio Shack?