PDA

View Full Version : Summer Plans

Marilynd
06-11-2019, 09:36 AM
We left on on May 30th for a 10 week adventure to the West and back to the Midwest. We started in Topeka, Kansas camping with family and saying good bye. Today will leave Wendover, NV and head towards the Redwoods. We will hit the Western Rally and Midwest Rally during our travels. Butte, Montana will be our longest stay. We look forward to meeting new MOC’ers and seeing old friends and family along the way.

What are your summer plans? Have fun! Safe travels out !

waynemoore
06-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Summer, pretty much stay in the AZ mountains. Except for late June go to CA to meet a new great granddaughter. Then back to our AZ mountain. Late July head north to British Columbia. On our way we meet up with 2 other rigs. We all will be taking the fairy from Vancouver, BC. to Victoria, BC.

This will be the first time I have ever taken the Montana on a fairy. Anyone know where I can get a life vest for a Montana?

We meetup with a 4th rig on the island the owners live there. Will spend about 15 days exploring the island and camping a many different RV Park.

Then on back to our mountain till mid October then home to Lake Havasu City.

Last2Die
06-11-2019, 11:37 AM
Leaving komiefornia in about 10 days. Heading to Texas, then New Orleans, Florida, up the coast to NYC, then back home to buffalo for about a week. Leaving there heading to Minnesota, and work our way back to komiefornia.

Long fun trip !!

waynemoore
06-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Last2Die, I have done that trip and you will love it. Hot a sticky most of the way but well worth it. Have a great trip and be safe.

Last2Die
06-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Last2Die, I have done that trip and you will love it. Hot a sticky most of the way but well worth it. Have a great trip and be safe.

Thanks, will be expensive looking forward to finding diesel for less then what I pay now !!

Dave W
06-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Spend the 'frantic' part of the summer at our seasonal along Lake Champlain. Mid August, we'll pack up and head to Maine then possibly, depending on the weather, price of beer in Canada, phase of the moon, etc, then on to New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and maybe Nova Scotia's Cape Breton Island. My enthusiasm for driving in much of the USA with the current batch lousy and 'entitled' drivers along with poor road conditions then figuring what overcrowded CG to stay, is waning

Ram Montana High Country
06-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Work my last summer - then off to two rally's (National & Great Lakes) and drift down thru WI - any recommend stops from U pros?

Last2Die
06-11-2019, 01:38 PM
If any of you see this:

Stop and say hi lol

richfaa
06-11-2019, 04:16 PM
After 14 years long timing our lower 48 map is full and we are slowing down. We will do the fall rally the Central plains rally and a couple of local campouts with our local group.

Ram Montana High Country
06-11-2019, 04:49 PM
After 14 years long timing our lower 48 map is full and we are slowing down. We will do the fall rally the Central plains rally and a couple of local campouts with our local group.

How many TV's and 5er's did it take? Guess at miles?

richfaa
06-11-2019, 07:31 PM
How many TV's and 5er's did it take? Guess at miles?

Two Montana's a 06 3400 and now this 13 3402 and two F-350's Miles are over 130 K. It has been a great adventure.

Marilynd
06-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Summer, pretty much stay in the AZ mountains. Except for late June go to CA to meet a new great granddaughter. Then back to our AZ mountain. Late July head north to British Columbia. On our way we meet up with 2 other rigs. We all will be taking the fairy from Vancouver, BC. to Victoria, BC.

This will be the first time I have ever taken the Montana on a fairy. Anyone know where I can get a life vest for a Montana?

We meetup with a 4th rig on the island the owners live there. Will spend about 15 days exploring the island and camping a many different RV Park.

Then on back to our mountain till mid October then home to Lake Havasu City.

Congratulations on your great granddaughter! Sounds like a fun trip with friends.

Marilynd
06-14-2019, 11:53 AM
Leaving komiefornia in about 10 days. Heading to Texas, then New Orleans, Florida, up the coast to NYC, then back home to buffalo for about a week. Leaving there heading to Minnesota, and work our way back to komiefornia.

Long fun trip !!

Fun trip ahead! I loved visiting New Orleans and NYC is one of my favorites. Enjoy!

waynemoore
06-14-2019, 05:21 PM
Congratulations on your great granddaughter! Sounds like a fun trip with friends.

Thank you. She got here at 9:25AM yesterday. 7lb 21inches.

Marilynd
06-15-2019, 10:44 AM

See you at the both rallies!

Marilynd
06-15-2019, 10:48 AM
Spend the 'frantic' part of the summer at our seasonal along Lake Champlain. Mid August, we'll pack up and head to Maine then possibly, depending on the weather, price of beer in Canada, phase of the moon, etc, then on to New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and maybe Nova Scotia's Cape Breton Island. My enthusiasm for driving in much of the USA with the current batch lousy and 'entitled' drivers along with poor road conditions then figuring what overcrowded CG to stay, is waning

I hope your summer is great. We lived northwest of Bangor for a while and are from New England. ❤️ The area. Canada is beautiful. We still have to get to PEI. Safe travels.

Marilynd
06-15-2019, 10:50 AM
Work my last summer - then off to two rally's (National & Great Lakes) and drift down thru WI - any recommend stops from U pros?

We will see you at the National Rally. So exciting!

Arkware
06-16-2019, 08:14 AM
Well, this summer I'm freshly retired. :socool: (FINALLY!!!)

After taking care of DW's #1 honey-does, (total rebuild of the S&B kitchen), we are going to do a bit of traveling.
The end of June, we'll be going to NE Louisiana for her family reunion.
Then near the end of July we'll head to the CPRR. Look forward to seeing all you folks!

After the rally DW wants to visit her niece... near Seattle, Washington.
It should be a new Great adventure! :) We've never been in that part of the country.
We figure we'll get back home at end of August or first of September.
Just in time to head out to the Fall Rally. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to get going!

Marilynd
06-16-2019, 09:57 AM
Sounds like fun! Enjoy your retirement! See you at the two rallies.

Gutz54
06-19-2019, 04:37 PM
Wow--we are jealous of you guys---I still have at least 2-3 years before me and my wife become gypsies!!!

Byron B
06-19-2019, 04:59 PM
C’mon out to Oshkosh for the Airshow the last week of July!

Tidwood
06-19-2019, 06:57 PM
We left The People's Republic of California on April 18, then stopped to see 95 year old mother-in-law in Fremont, Nebraska. On to Windsor, Ontario on April 26 for 2 weeks. Then a week in Woodstock, Ontario. After that, Niagara Falls, Canadian side, for a couple of weeks. Then up to Stouffville, Ontario for a base to visit Toronto for another week. Still in coach, back in Nebraska to celebrate the affore mentioned 95th birthday. Leaving and heading up to Winnipeg, stopping at Icon Direct in Winkler, Manitoba to pick up fender skirt replacement. Probably head west middle of next week. Been cooler than expected, more rain than I thought but a nice change to a brown and tinder dry SoCal.

Gutz54
06-19-2019, 07:22 PM
My Mother in law and sister in law used to live in Fremont Ne..small world

Tidwood
06-19-2019, 07:42 PM
Your family might know mine as Fremont hasn't grown that much. Their last name is Devoe. We're staying at Christianson Field for the high sum of $20 a night for 50a service!��