PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Johnny G
01-30-2019, 05:53 PM
Has anyone used the TireMinder Tire Pressure Monitoring System? If so, what is your opinion?

AZ Traveler
01-30-2019, 09:07 PM
I use TST but check out this thread for some opinions.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077351

DQDick
01-31-2019, 07:11 AM
We also use TST and have not experience with that one, but I am aware of two people who switched from that brand to TST.

jeffba
01-31-2019, 09:35 AM
Had an older Tire Minder. 12VDC lighter adapter died and took out fuse. had a bad display and batteries in sensors only last a year. When it worked it was good.

mhs4771
01-31-2019, 07:13 PM
Techno RV's current news letter compares the TST to TireMinder and the TST wins "Hands Down". We had the TireTrakker which is a cousin to the TireMinder and it would display the correct pressure and temp until approx 15 to 20 minutes down the road while my new TST let me know before we even moved in the AM that we had a tire with low pressure.

Otto02
07-25-2019, 11:24 AM
I have used the TireMinder system for a long time. Recently I was having a problem with the monitor cutting in and out. TireMinder is replacing the monitor at no charge. They have great customer service and what I think is a excellent product. I could not recommend it more.
Steve

BRJ
08-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Wouldn't be without my TireMinder. We put on 16000km this summer on a trip to the Arctic. We lost a tire on the Dempster highway. It notified us when the tire was down 15 pounds. Worked flawlessly.

JandC
08-25-2019, 07:03 AM
We purchased our first TST system around 2011 when we bought our first used Montana. All or parts of that original system has been on four different RVs including our current rig. It has never failed us and with full time use I am changing batteries at about every 2 years.

Bill n Susan
08-25-2019, 07:41 AM
We also use the TireMinder (not the smartphone version) and it has worked flawlessly. Used it on our TT, and now our 5er. Wouldn’t be without it.

richfaa
08-25-2019, 08:04 AM
They all do the same thing with good results.We have the pressure pro for years and never a problem. We now have the TST since 2013 and not a problem.

Daryles
08-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Yesterday going down the road from Austin TX to Tulsa Ok my TPMS alarm went off. DW checked. The front left camper tire monitor was off line. I slowed down (my top speed is 65). Next thing that happened was the other tire monitor went off line. Rear tire same side. Now I was worried. Pulled off to the left side of the road and checked the tires. Looked good. Checked all the tires. Looked good. Started back down the road and rebooted the TPMS controller. Everything came back on line. I think I will change batteries on all the sensors.
BTW, buy the flow through sensor so you can air the tires without removing the sensor.