PDA

View Full Version : Magnolia TX to Chino Hills CA

civilengineer42
12-18-2018, 08:20 AM
Well it is that time again. Headed back out for another Run in the Montana, pull out Thursday morning at 3:00am to hopefully beat the Austin Rush Hour Traffic. This time headed out West to California to spend Christmas with the Wife's side of the family......Going to be another long haul trip. Magnolia TX to Lordsburg NM and then Chino Hills CA.......To all that are headed out on the Road......Be Safe.......

Merry Christmas.......And A Happy New Year To All........

May Your New Year 2019 Be Blessed......:)

Donjamin
12-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Magnolia TX to Chino Hills CA

Welcome to California.

Merry Christmas and safe travels!

Don & Laurie

padredw
12-18-2018, 12:33 PM
Just a quick, brief note. My wife, Shirley, is from Magnolia. Her family goes back several generations there. Magnolia was my first appointment as a Methodist pastor--that was 66 years ago. We still have friends and relatives in the area. Of course, I'm talking about "old" Magnolia--the Magnolia that was a little sawmill town just north of Tomball.

DadsHemi
12-18-2018, 06:16 PM
Safe travels..we got here in San Dimas Ca Sunday.

Texan
12-19-2018, 12:25 AM
Just a quick, brief note. My wife, Shirley, is from Magnolia. Her family goes back several generations there. Magnolia was my first appointment as a Methodist pastor--that was 66 years ago. We still have friends and relatives in the area. Of course, I'm talking about "old" Magnolia--the Magnolia that was a little sawmill town just north of Tomball.

Know where you are at since I am from New Caney. Have a safe trip.

knapper42
12-19-2018, 07:01 AM
Don't know what RV parks are available in Lburg but the 81 palms in Deming is a good place for an overnight stay.

civilengineer42
12-19-2018, 09:34 AM
Welcome to California.

Merry Christmas and safe travels!

Don & Laurie

My first time back in two years since we moved.....Lived in Chino Hills
for 7 years.....Going to stay over in Gypsum Canyon.....I miss the weather out there, but don't miss the Taxes......

waynemoore
12-19-2018, 10:59 AM
We are in Gypsum Canyon now. Canyon RV Park. I stay here during the tax season. Stay on the East side. Great park but pricey.

civilengineer42
01-15-2019, 01:29 PM
We are in Gypsum Canyon now. Canyon RV Park. I stay here during the tax season. Stay on the East side. Great park but pricey.

That is where we stayed.....I wish I would have known, I would have stopped by.....But when I go out on the road I unplug from the world for a while.......

LDMoore06
01-15-2019, 04:23 PM
That is where we stayed.....I wish I would have known, I would have stopped by.....But when I go out on the road I unplug from the world for a while.......

Scott, you have any recommendations for winter in Texas. We are beginning to look and gather info for next year. Fairly warm weather would be nice.

civilengineer42
01-15-2019, 05:22 PM
Scott, you have any recommendations for winter in Texas. We are beginning to look and gather info for next year. Fairly warm weather would be nice.

If you want to stay around Houston.......Look around Lake Conroe.....There is few places that are nice......The KOA there is not Bad and it is right by the lake......It really depends were you want to be......