PDA

View Full Version : Blowout-factory China bombs

RVing Lups
10-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Had a blowout a week ago Wednesday on way home from Montana rally in Goshen. One of the reasons we went to the rally was to get information on new tires to change to before we headed to Florida for the winter. Less than 8,000 mile on our 2015 Montana 3610 and couldn't even make it home.
Question is, I have made up my mind to get the Saliun tires for our 5th wheel. What information do I need to order the tires?

Is G637 ST 235/85R-16 what I need for the order? My wheels are rated for 110psi so that is not an issue on our unit

Where is the cheapest place to order? I hear Simple Tire is a good place to get them from. Any other suggestions?

Thanks all

AZ Traveler
10-06-2018, 03:43 PM
RVing Lups,

Either the 85R or 80R will work, make sure to buy 5. Also recommend metal valve stems.

Simple Tire is easy and reasonably priced. You can call them to see if they have an installer in your area - works well as they ship directly to the installer. Or you can find someone on your own to install.

PNW Fireguy
10-06-2018, 07:35 PM
Metal stems are non-negotiable!

RVing Lups
10-06-2018, 07:56 PM
I did go back and order the tires from Simple and they do not have anyone in our area to put them on so I am having them shipped to my house and Discount Tire will mount, balance, and install for $20 a tire. I did get 5 and discount will use metal stems. I also ordered a TST 507 tire monitoring system just to be on the safe side. Will help me have a little peace on the road.

Thanks for replying,

DQDick
10-06-2018, 08:11 PM
you'll like the TST, we've used them for years and their customer service is great.