PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy West Virgina

Matrap27
09-28-2018, 02:25 PM
We'regetting ready to head to the Hatfieldfield McCoy UTV riding area in West Virgina and was wondering is it okay or has anybody double pulled ( or triple pulled-truck 5th wheeland small utv trailer ) in West Virgina. Any trouble getting there from Southern Illinois Thanks in advance for any comments

BuilderBob
09-28-2018, 02:44 PM
Best thing to do is check with DOT on towing doubles it is different in almost every state you go to!

MidMOTraveler
09-28-2018, 04:25 PM
West Virginia is not on the list of triple tow states per rv - roadtrip.com

DQDick
09-28-2018, 04:47 PM
It's legal anywhere except on the coasts. Each state have length limits, however, and my truck and Monty are long enough not to allow much more in some of them. That said, I don't know of anyone getting in trouble over just that.

PNW Fireguy
09-28-2018, 04:57 PM
It's legal anywhere except on the coasts. Each state have length limits, however, and my truck and Monty are long enough not to allow much more in some of them. That said, I don't know of anyone getting in trouble over just that.

Interesting...can you post where you are finding that information for my own knowledge. The information I am aware of on the subject is not the same.

beeje
10-03-2018, 10:39 AM
We have been there multiple times. You will love it. We stayed at Ashland resort. Great place with access to I believe 3 trail heads. If you go there DO NOT follow your GPS. Get directions from them. GPS will take you through some pretty nasty/twisty mountainous roads.

As for double/triple towing, cant answer that one. My suggestion would be for someone to follow you with the side by side In tow.

Another option is to rent one of there VERY NICE cabins and leave the camper at home.

Renegade1LI
10-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Or you could get a 381TH & wildcat trail, a nice combo, lol.