PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone Duravis truck tires edge wear

dpam
09-07-2018, 08:31 AM
In 2015 installed Bridgestone LT235/85R16 tires on the monty. There is a lot of tread on the tires, but the outside and inside edges are worn smooth and have been that way since the tires were installed, but the edges still have a lot of rubber. I’m wondering if the outside edges are wearing because of turning and sharp turning when parking the trailer. I am also wondering if the inside and outside edges are wearing because of axels that are not aligned. These are the best tires I have on the Monty and past 5th wheel trailers. I know specific trailer tires have stiff side walls, so I’m thinking LT tire edges are not as stiff and edges may wear,

I would appreciate hearing from other MOC members that have LT truck tires on their trailers and have wearing edges.

Appreciate your feedback

WeBeFulltime
09-07-2018, 09:05 AM
I ran Michelin LT tires on our previous 2012 Montana for 5 years and they looked new when we got rid of that rig. I am not promoting Michelins though. I really like the Sailun S637 tires on our 2018.5 3791RD. I just had Sailun Terramax HLT tires put on the F350 and like them too.

waynemoore
09-07-2018, 10:31 AM
I also have the Bridgestone on my 3582RL sense July 2014 and am experiencing the same as you. I love these tires and have about 22,000 miles on them and they still look great. That said I will be replacing them with Sailun’s next spring. I think the Sailun’s are a better tire for this application. Plus they are MUCH less expensive.

CalandLinda
09-15-2018, 06:53 PM
This is pretty much the industry standard for replacement tires. Some say it differently but it still boils down to he bottom line. Load capacity.

https://www.michelinman.com/US/en/help/how-to-choose-tires.html#tab-4