PDA

View Full Version : Another tire....made in america

mazboy
08-29-2018, 06:13 AM
I just came across this website: http://triangletireus.com/truck-tires/tr653/

they are building a plant in North Carolina. https://www.moderntiredealer.com/news/726796/triangle-will-build-a-580-million-tire-plant-in-north-carolina

A China company building in America....I guess you can't say China junk anymore.... Maybe someone will try these tires in the future.:)

Eagleback
08-29-2018, 07:21 AM
I had these tires on my boat. They were only d rated so there not the heavy duty ones but they didnt last. blew out two and replaced with Carlisle tire and rim from walmart after 2 years

beeje
08-29-2018, 07:39 AM
You could not pay me to a carlisle tire on a lawn mower. My previous 2007 toy hauler had 6 of them on it from the factory. Within 4k miles they were all split in the tread 3" long and 1/4"wide in multiple places. Sent them back to be inspected and was told they would not replace them. TOTAL JUNK TIRES !!!!

DQDick
08-29-2018, 08:02 AM
That's kind of the natural way of things. Mercedes and Toyota used to make all their cars at home, now mostly made here. The same thing will start happening with China as well.

Ram Montana High Country
08-29-2018, 08:52 AM
Carlisle Tires - put a set on a 16' flat bed and have ABUSED the heck out of them - doing good. Always check air pressure and then over load.

Eagleback
08-29-2018, 10:45 AM
You could not pay me to a carlisle tire on a lawn mower. My previous 2007 toy hauler had 6 of them on it from the factory. Within 4k miles they were all split in the tread 3" long and 1/4"wide in multiple places. Sent them back to be inspected and was told they would not replace them. TOTAL JUNK TIRES !!!!

Not saying Carlisle is a great brand I'm just saying that i had 2 blowouts after 2 years on the triangle and when your on the road walmart was the only choice at midnight, but there still working after three years. Just giving the O.P. some feed back on triangle tires thats all.

powerhaulic
08-29-2018, 01:31 PM
I have had Triangle tires on trailers for several years, car trailer the longest at 3 yrs.
Trailer has been Fla. to NY round trip twice, zero wear and zero issues, now have them on my boat and cargo trailers.
They make D and E rated tires in many sizes, I will continue to use them. :)