PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the BridgestondDuravis R500HD?

bigred715
06-23-2018, 03:18 PM
Going to need tires next spring on our 3000RK. Michelins will be 7 yrs old and Michelins just too expensive to replace. Any of you using the Bridgestone Duravis R500HD on their smaller trailers?

h2ojocky
06-23-2018, 05:02 PM
I have had them on my 2955RL for 5 years. I am real happy with them. They were recommended by Lonnie on MOC who has a tire shop. I don't really keep track of mileage. Last year after a trip I noticed that on one of the axles the tires were wearing a little so I just rotated to the other axle. I run TPMS and haven't had any problems.

richfaa
06-23-2018, 05:57 PM
We just put 6 Michelin defenders on the F-350 and 4 G6 14's on the Montana.Was it expensive.It was a throat clutcher but we travel a lot and safety is our prime concern

rohrmann
06-23-2018, 06:38 PM
Don't forget to replace your spare tires after that many years. It would be a shame to have a flat on either the truck or trailer and put on a spare that could fail on that last leg of your trip causing the damage you were trying to avoid by faithfully replacing all the other tires. Being hidden underneath does not stop aging on tires.

drknapp
06-23-2018, 11:12 PM
I have had them on my 2955RL for 5 years. I am real happy with them. They were recommended by Lonnie on MOC who has a tire shop. I don't really keep track of mileage. Last year after a trip I noticed that on one of the axles the tires were wearing a little so I just rotated to the other axle. I run TPMS and haven't had any problems.

We also installed them about six years ago based upon Lonnies recommendation. They have worn extremely well. I'm very happy with them.

waynemoore
06-24-2018, 09:03 AM
Have them on my 3582RL. Bought them for this rig just after leaving the selling dealership. Have had them for 4 years now with NO problems at all. Have about 25000 miles on them and they show little wear. That said my next tires will be Sailun's. Less expensive and a MUCH better tire in my opinion.

jlb27537
06-26-2018, 08:52 PM
I have the Duravis R250 all steel on my '14 3150rl. Perfect. Never a consern. However, the date code is 1313, so 5+ years old and one is showing signs of side wall cracks. Never a issue with air loss or wear problems. That said, hoping to get back south and this winter will be replacing them with something. The Sailins are attractive in the pricing, but a Durvas R500 is close to tne same price. The Sailun is a G tire, while the R500 is a E range tire.

Simple Tire can not tell me the tire age before ordering, so I will be looking for a supplier that can, if I go Sailun.