PDA

View Full Version : Pets in Yellowstone

Husker92
09-11-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm going to be a new pet owner in two weeks and was wondering if anyone can comment if dogs are allowed at the Yellowstone Fishing Bridge RV park.

I checked the NP website but really does mention the RV park policy.

Thanks in advance
Steve

scottz
09-11-2017, 08:41 PM
I'm going to be a new pet owner in two weeks and was wondering if anyone can comment if dogs are allowed at the Yellowstone Fishing Bridge RV park.

I checked the NP website but really does mention the RV park policy.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Yes they are allowed; with restrictions. Pets are not allowed more than 100 feet off pavement anywhere in the park. You cannot take them on trails when you visit geysers, etc. You cannot leave them tied up unattended outside at your camp site. When you walk pets on the paved area they must be leashed; of course pick up after them.

We have visited the park many times with our dog. He rides in the truck with us when we tour, but must wait in the truck when we go on the trails (in the back, never lock your pet up inside).

Around the Fishing Bridge campground, I walked him in the trees that separate the various camping areas; not sure if this was legal, but no one ever said anything to me. I think it was since I was within 100' of pavement.

So, yes you can do it, but it's cumbersome.

https://www.yellowstonepark.com/park/what-to-do-with-pets-visiting-yellowstone

Husker92
09-11-2017, 10:09 PM
Thank you for the helpful information.

Happy Camping
Steve