PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Pipes Dodge

Montana_657
12-08-2004, 09:49 AM
I now have a dual exhaust,... but....the pipe starts in front...ends in the middle and starts again, and goes further back.[xx(] I don't think this is good.[xx(]

South East Diesel wants to put a Banks stainless in, with an engine break.

How much should I expect to pay????[:0]

Anything I should know before I start???;)

Countryfolks
12-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Here's a sample of prices, probably need to add labor up to $150-$200.

http://www.portadiesel.com/products/60l/exhaust.html

I have read somewhere aluminized components last long enough for most applications and that stainless is overkill.

Check on having a big truck muffler installed, Donaldson or Nelson [86131M?]. You can get a Donaldson M090544 [2003-2004 Dodge, 4"inlet/outlet] from your local Kenworth dealer for about $90 and a good muffler shop will be able to install it for about $100-$150.

By the way, DC may void your warranty if you install a brake on a 04 auto. Something about a thrust washer/bearing.

Skip

Native Tex
12-08-2004, 02:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gruffy

I now have a dual exhaust,... but....the pipe starts in front...ends in the middle and starts again, and goes further back.[xx(] I don't think this is good.[xx(]

South East Diesel wants to put a Banks stainless in, with an engine break.

How much should I expect to pay????[:0]

Anything I should know before I start???;)

I can only say that I have the Banks Monster exhaust and the Exhaust Brake with the Power elbow package. It is all stainless and has provided excellent service. The heat is the real killer on anything less than stainless. As far as cost, I bought a complete package along with a few other goodies as you can see below. I would call Banks and get a quote, or go on line and check it out.:D