PDA

View Full Version : New G to consider

psomers
04-03-2017, 05:59 AM
Just got an email from etrailer. Guess they are getting into trailer tires. Don't know anything about them but seem to have good reviews. To check them out: https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-Wheels/Taskmaster/TTWPRG235R16.html

gjetzen
04-03-2017, 06:37 AM
I have the G rated Provider ST trailer tires on the new 5ver. That is what it came with, had the option for the Goodyear G614 but decided to give these a try. 2500 miles later and all is well. Hope I made the right decision.

jcurtis934
04-03-2017, 11:22 AM
The spec on tire weight will tell you a lot. Quality construction equals weight. For g rated tires, compare against the goodyear g614 weight...and given the history of the g rated sailun, it is probably up there as well.

phillyg
04-03-2017, 03:04 PM
The spec on tire weight will tell you a lot. Quality construction equals weight. For g rated tires, compare against the goodyear g614 weight...and given the history of the g rated sailun, it is probably up there as well.

G-rated Sailun ST235/85R16 I just put on mine weighed 63lbs; replaced E-rated Trailer Kings that weighed less than 40lbs.

PSFORD99
04-04-2017, 10:10 AM
Just got an email from etrailer. Guess they are getting into trailer tires. Don't know anything about them but seem to have good reviews. To check them out: https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-Wheels/Taskmaster/TTWPRG235R16.html

It seems they are a bit more expensive then the Sailuns, plus the mounting ,and balancing puts them over $200.00 per tire

IMO the best value, and tire out there is the Sailun. They can be had for less then $160.00 per tire out the door . At this point in time the Sailuns have proven themselves, its no more of this wait, and see.

rohrmann
04-04-2017, 11:44 PM
This tire, rated as a G, is definitely different than any of the other G rated tires, as it is not all steel. The construction, as described in the above link,

Constructed with double steel belts and double polyester cords for a long life

Bake tested to ensure that the rubber holds over time

Nylon tread-firming belt overlays help prevent tread separation

Just hope this is not just another chinese ST tire with a higher rating than it is capable of.

WeBeFulltime
04-05-2017, 04:33 AM
It seems they are a bit more expensive then the Sailuns, plus the mounting ,and balancing puts them over $200.00 per tire

IMO the best value, and tire out there is the Sailun. They can be had for less then $160.00 per tire out the door . At this point in time the Sailuns have proven themselves, its no more of this wait, and see.

Agree. Why take a chance on the unknown when the proven Sailuns are less expensive?

phillyg
04-05-2017, 05:35 AM
This tire, rated as a G, is definitely different than any of the other G rated tires, as it is not all steel.......

I'm no tire expert, other than having blowouts and researching the best replacement, but I've determined the best tires for our application all steel . I found a youtube video showing cutaways of a Sailun G and another brand and there is a clear and substantial difference with the Sailun being better. Now, we may find out, as more Sailuns get into FW service, through the complaint process, i.e. RV forums, that they're no better than what they replaced, but so far I've never heard of even one problem.

Twopetes
04-05-2017, 06:44 AM
Let me add some very non-scientific observations about the Sailun R235/85-16's I put on the High Country 353. I could sit on the Sailun like a chair, not possible on the Trailer Kings that came on the Monty - so sidewall is much better. I could hardly lift the Sailun compared to the Trailer King so either I am out of shape (sort a) or the Sailun have much more strong stuff in them. And last but not least - MAN THEY LOOK TOUGH. A good friend looked at them and said they look like a semi tire - So good enough for me.

So I like um, not to mention all the good stuff others are saying

Elevator Chuck
04-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Where did you get them?

PSFORD99
04-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Where did you get them?

If you are asking about the Sailuns , I got mine from Tire Pro, but Big O also carries them, and I suspect just about any tire dealer can get them.