PDA

View Full Version : goodyear came thru

okierver
10-06-2016, 11:13 AM
as posted earlier i had 2 blowouts on the same trip in august to beavers bend state park oklahoma.the first one took out the aluminum skin on the kitchen slideout ( 2014 3625re). and the fender trim. lucky it wasn't worse, the second one caught fast enough and no damage. yes i have tst tire pressure monitors and it helped a lot on the second one but the first was so fast and no time to react. i filed a claim with Goodyear. i did buy 4 new g614's the next day and had them installed. today i signed a claims release form for $2734.00
so am pleased with the support from goodyear. I did follow all the steps and mailed them the tire and filed the claim.

bncinwv
10-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Which is exactly why 614's will be replacing the current 614's when the time comes. A company that stands behind their products is the primary consideration for any decision for me. Thanks for the update!
Bingo

DQDick
10-06-2016, 02:06 PM
What Bingo said goes for me also. I will be interested in what the new tire Goodyear is bringing out to compete with the Sailun will be as next year is the year I plan to replace my current tires.

Dam Worker
10-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Interesting that we still read about the failures of the 614. Any one thing that is the same in the failures, besides Goodyear backing their product. Age road hazards etc.? My interest in this is primarily that the Sailuns I purchased are in direct competition with the 614 and I don't want to have any issues with having a blowout with them. I try to do good research before buying different products and hope I got a good product, time and real world will tell me the answers.

I had original Firestone tires on my truck (OEM) and they didn't want to even talk to me when I had a tire delaminate back when they had all their problems. told me to leave and call their lawyers. No customer support their, at least Goodyear seems to have customer support.

Tom Marty

sambam
10-06-2016, 04:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dam Worker

Interesting that we still read about the failures of the 614....
Tom Marty

I don't think the OP was talking about 614 failures. I took it to mean he was replacing Marathons with 614's. I'm not aware of any widespread issues with the G614.

1retired06
10-06-2016, 04:50 PM
X2

RKassl
10-07-2016, 03:33 AM
X3

shovelhead86
10-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Okierver, you did not say what tire blew. Marthon or 614?

okierver
10-07-2016, 03:41 PM
sorry about that yes it was the original chinabomb marathons on them and i was pushing my luck with them only 2yrs. old . so when they blew i bit the bullet and replaced with g614's had a set of 4 mounted , balanced and installed for $1360. and yes no problems with the g614's im really pleased how the monty tows with them.

Exnavydiver
10-07-2016, 08:30 PM
I went to Tredit while in Goshen two yrs ago for the rally and they gladly sold me a new wheel to match all my others. These let me actually rotate the tires and have matching wheels. I know I have to do a bunch of torquing but that is my job to do.. And each time I do this evolution I check the U-bolt torque, the solidity of all my spring hangers, my brakes and the condition of my wet bolts. And I can also repack the bearings.. Goodyear is very good at handling these issues and in most cases so is Keystone..