PDA

View Full Version : G614 rebate

c214dick
09-01-2016, 10:39 AM
Prior to purchasing my G614s a couple of months ago, I checked to see if there were any rebates. There was a form for fleet sale rebates which I printed off. I asked the dealer about it and he knew nothing about it. Today I received $100 from Goodyear for the five tires I purchased. I guess it doesn't hurt to check no matter which brand you buy.

Drifty1
09-01-2016, 10:56 AM
I received a letter today saying I bought my tires from Amazon and they were not eligible for this rebate program..

1retired06
09-01-2016, 11:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by c214dick

Prior to purchasing my G614s a couple of months ago, I checked to see if there were any rebates. There was a form for fleet sale rebates which I printed off. I asked the dealer about it and he knew nothing about it. Today I received $100 from Goodyear for the five tires I purchased. I guess it doesn't hurt to check no matter which brand you buy.

Certainly nothing to lose by checking.

DQDick
09-01-2016, 12:21 PM
Thanks Dick. I'll be replacing mine next year and will for sure be checking.

hybridhauler
09-01-2016, 12:30 PM
When I purchased mine, the dealer didn't mention a rebate so I asked if one was available. They checked and the rebate was $20 per tire. I received the rebate check today.

Tfthorp
09-02-2016, 04:32 AM
I'm waiting on my check, sent in the rebate 5 weeks ago.

johnregrus
09-02-2016, 07:40 AM
I also purchased my G614s thru Amazon.

Why would purchasing them thru the Amazon website exclude us from receiving the Goodyear rebate?

Nowhere in the rules and regulations did I see that if the tires were purchased from certain retailers they would exclude the retail purchaser from the rebate.

Goodyear sold the tire to a distributor why would they care what company then retailed it?

I think that if the rules on the rebate form are not clearly stated to exclude certain retail sales it should be assumed by the purchaser that the rebates are valid and they should be paid.

BB_TX
09-02-2016, 10:08 AM
The only thing I see in the fine print that might apply is
"Void where taxed, restricted or prohibited by
law."
Maybe Amazon falls somewhere within that restriction.

Tfthorp
09-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Got my check today.

Joe in Texas
09-03-2016, 04:07 PM
We go to Discount Tires in Tyler Tx Tuesday morning to have our G614 installed. Had a blow out Friday morning 35 miles into our 3k mile/6 week trip to Indiana. Damage the side of the trailer but we can still travel. Discount Tires have a Labor Day promo for $100 rebate on 4 'best' tires.

johnregrus
12-30-2016, 08:58 AM
Anybody like me that purchased G614's on Amazon and received a letter stating that tire rebates were not available for tires purchased thru Amazon.

I complained and believe it or not I got my rebate check in the mail this week. Seems Goodyear had a change of heart.

richfaa
12-30-2016, 11:06 AM
Good to check the Goodyear website for rebates when you purchase. We had 4 Shocks installed on our F-350 at a Goodyear store and it turned out there was a rebate on ANY purchased from a Good year store .We received a 50.00 rebate.

Art-n-Marge
12-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Hmmmm, I guess to qualify for a rebate you have to be overcharged for the price of your tires. That's how they can afford to pay something back to you. First, they earn a little bit of interest off the money you've overpaid, then they can afford to give you a little bit back.

I've never like rebates for that reason. It basically means you must pay more for the items you are buying, then they can afford to give you back a little bit, but only enough so they can still make a profit. Buying the same goods from a discounter like Amazon, and figure they are still making a profit.

Way to go John!!! Got that rebate anyway. Complain loud enough and something good can happen, until too many people complain.

washley1
01-01-2017, 02:49 AM
We bought 4 from CW last spring after a blow out. Heard about a rebate on this forum, and low and behold got $80 back in short order. MOC helped with that and taught me to always ask about rebates.

CORattler
01-02-2017, 03:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

The only thing I see in the fine print that might apply is
"Void where taxed, restricted or prohibited by
law."
Maybe Amazon falls somewhere within that restriction.

Maybe it has to be purchased from an authorized reseller/retailer?

PSFORD99
01-03-2017, 04:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Hmmmm, I guess to qualify for a rebate you have to be overcharged for the price of your tires. That's how they can afford to pay something back to you. First, they earn a little bit of interest off the money you've overpaid, then they can afford to give you a little bit back.

I've never like rebates for that reason. It basically means you must pay more for the items you are buying, then they can afford to give you back a little bit, but only enough so they can still make a profit. Buying the same goods from a discounter like Amazon, and figure they are still making a profit.

Way to go John!!! Got that rebate anyway. Complain loud enough and something good can happen, until too many people complain.

I have to agree, why the rebate in the first place. IMO the G614's are way overpriced. More of a reason then ever for my decision to buy the Sailun S637's .