PDA

View Full Version : Prodigy Hookup

jh1802
11-14-2004, 03:56 PM
I just got a new prodogy brake controller off ebay. Hooked it up to my truck and Nothing happens. The instructions say I should be getting a nc for no connection. I don't get anything. Do you think it is defective? The connectiona are the same as my Envoy, and I just used it 2 days ago so I Know I should be getting power and I double checked my connections. Any Ideas?

sreigle
11-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Might you have blown a fuse when making the connections? Check the fuse panel?

315RLS
11-15-2004, 02:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by jh1802

I just got a new prodogy brake controller off ebay. Hooked it up to my truck and Nothing happens. The instructions say I should be getting a nc for no connection. I don't get anything. Do you think it is defective? The connectiona are the same as my Envoy, and I just used it 2 days ago so I Know I should be getting power and I double checked my connections. Any Ideas?

Yes you should get the "NC" when initially powered on without your trailer connected, then it will eventually blank after a few minutes.

jh1802
11-15-2004, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the input. I'll check the fuses. If not I guess I'll try to send it back.

sreigle
11-15-2004, 04:49 AM
Also, when hooked up, if you pull the manual slide control all the way over it should also show the nc. There's also two small red dots that light up. I think they come on for a few minutes when you fire up the truck with no trailer attached but my memory may be faulty on that. My Prodigy went with the truck we traded so I can't go check it out for you.

jh1802
11-16-2004, 05:40 AM
Checked the fuse last night after work. That was it! Don't know how I blew the fuse but it works fine now. Thanks