PDA

View Full Version : Traveling the West

Jay Bird
07-05-2016, 01:51 PM
We are continuing our cross country trip. We are currently in Coarsegold, Ca. We have toured Sequoia and Kings Canyon Sunday and Yosemite today. Both days there was little traffic which made the trips wonderful. Thursday 07/07/16 we head to Utah beginning with the Bryce Canyon area, then on to Monument Valley and finally Moab. We are looking forward to touring these areas.

To all have a great summer.

Dam Worker
07-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Enjoy your trip and the memories that it will provide, this country is huge and we don't have enough time to explore it all.

Tom Marty

mlh
07-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip. My wife and I should be headed that way in a couple months.
Safe travels
Lynwood

DQDick
07-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Sounds like a great trip! Safe travels.

sola123
07-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip....Emmy and I hope to do the same after I retire in May of 2018.....we will have to talk next time we meet at a rally....

rohrmann
07-05-2016, 05:44 PM
You got lucky with the weather. At least it has cooled off from what it was a few days ago. We are in North Fork, just over the hill from you.

Bill and Jan
07-06-2016, 12:31 AM
I hope Page AZ and a tour of Slot and Antelope Canyons are on your list. Gouldings RV Park in Monument is perfect for the Monument Valley Tours. They have a Museum there if you love John Wayne. When you leave there, you can visit Canyon De Chelle.

waynemoore
07-06-2016, 04:40 AM
We did the Utah National Parks last year. You are in for a treat they are just wonderful. Take your time and enjoy.

bish
07-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Sounds like a great trip, we did one similar back in 2011. We were just at Bryce Canyon last month with the grand kids and it's one of our favorite places along with Moab. ENJOY!

CORattler
07-06-2016, 07:32 AM
Have a great trip!
Moab will be warm at that time of year.

quote:Originally posted by Jay Bird

We are continuing our cross country trip. We are currently in Coarsegold, Ca. We have toured Sequoia and Kings Canyon Sunday and Yosemite today. Both days there was little traffic which made the trips wonderful. Thursday 07/07/16 we head to Utah beginning with the Bryce Canyon area, then on to Monument Valley and finally Moab. We are looking forward to touring these areas.

To all have a great summer.

Jay Bird
07-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Thanks every one we are looking forward to seeing Utah. Bill and Jan Page, AZ is not on the list at this time. We will have to put it on our bucket list. We are staying at Goulding and plan to take the tour of Monument Valley.

Jay Bird
07-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Bob and Becky. I should have posted this when we first got here maybe we could have met while here. We have been here since 30 June. Tomorrow is wheels up. Have a great summer.

rohrmann
07-06-2016, 04:42 PM
You made pretty good time getting down from Seven Feathers. Drive careful and enjoy the trip.

Rondo
07-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Safe travels to the Person's and enjoy those great National Parks! They are some of the most beautiful around. If you get in our area, give us a call and we'll show you some Nebraska hospitality!

PackerFan
07-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Jay Bird: Since you will be in Moab, Utah you might think about heading a little further North afterwards and go to Vernal, Utah. It is where the National Dinosaur Monument is located. We are there right now and it is very interesting to see all of the dinosaur fossils. We are leaving tomorrow and heading to Wyoming but highly recommend stopping and seeing this area and Monument.

Jay Bird
07-07-2016, 01:36 PM
No doubt Rondo. We are planning two route from Colorado one may go through Nebraska but don't hold me to that. It depends on the weather which route we take.

Jay Bird
07-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Scott and Sue. We are going to have to put Vernal on our must do list. We are headed to Mesa Verde Co then to Colorado Springs to get refills on medicine. From Colorado Springs we head north if the weather corporates. Thanks for the recommendation.