View Full Version : Valve stem extenders.

06-24-2016, 02:31 PM
What are you using for valve stem extenders on your DRW trucks and how do you use tire pressure monitors with them??

06-24-2016, 05:42 PM
Tried about 6 different brands and never found one that would last and clamp properly behind the GM OEM wheel covers on our 08 3500.
Now use 135 degree extensions on the inside wheels and struggle when checking/adding air. The Toyo's (High Country Tuff Duty) that I am running have minimized that, thank goodness.


06-24-2016, 11:25 PM
I use steel braided extenders bought on Amazon. Don't Remember the brand. Comes with clamps that are held by the lug nuts. Had to cut a notch on the center hub cover for that configuration. On the truck three years with no problems.

06-25-2016, 05:57 AM
Never again ever!

06-25-2016, 07:09 AM
We just got some extenders of the proper length for our inside dualies at Wall mart .We can not get the TPMS to work on the inside dualies. We have not had a problem in 10 years and two dully trucks with the extenders.

06-25-2016, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys.

06-26-2016, 05:16 AM
When I bought my F350 DRW, my Ford dealer supplied and installed braided steel extenders. Did not need clamping as they don't flex and clear everything. Don't have TPMS so I can't help you there.

06-30-2016, 04:28 AM
A week ago while on the road in Cedar City, UT I had the local Ford dealer install braided valve stem extenders on my 2015 F-350 dually's inside rear wheels. I didn't have them use the clamp.

1500 miles later they are perfect.

So I recommend getting braided extenders, and skip the brackets, worked to me.

06-30-2016, 04:45 AM
I bought braided steel ones didn't really like them so a ordered some solid brass 45 and 120 degree ones they should be here today. We will see what I like and use the parts I like.

06-30-2016, 05:01 AM
Do the extenders throw off the wheel balance?