PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be full time

shovelhead86
04-28-2016, 02:04 PM
i guess it is time.. We spend more time in the Montana than in the S&B. we have been camp hosts in Az for the last 5 months and now a quick trip home (our daughter lives in the S&B. That is in Mn. june 1 we have to be in North Pole , Alaska for 3 Months and then it is down to Florida for 5 months. after that Who Knows. We will be stopping in Sd to change our Dl's and set up the mailing service. If you see us criss crossing the US flag us down.

DQDick
04-28-2016, 03:47 PM
Sounds like you have a busy schedule. Have a good time and safe travels.

Dam Worker
04-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Enjoy it when you get there, in the meantime it sounds like your quite busy.

Tom Marty

cpaulsen
04-29-2016, 01:21 AM
We started full time 2 1/2 years ago........could not be happier. We park host for Oregon State Parks.......should done it earlier!!

twindman
04-29-2016, 01:11 PM
Where are you staying in North Pole? We stayed there 6 years ago and are going again this summer, but the RV Park in North Pole closed a couple of years ago.

quote:Originally posted by shovelhead86

i guess it is time.. We spend more time in the Montana than in the S&B. we have been camp hosts in Az for the last 5 months and now a quick trip home (our daughter lives in the S&B. That is in Mn. june 1 we have to be in North Pole , Alaska for 3 Months and then it is down to Florida for 5 months. after that Who Knows. We will be stopping in Sd to change our Dl's and set up the mailing service. If you see us criss crossing the US flag us down.

1retired06
04-29-2016, 02:43 PM
Enjoy thre full time lifestyle!

PackerFan
05-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the Full Timer's Club. Your membership card will be in the mail soon and now you have to learn the Secret Handshake! :D ;) [:o)]

JandC
05-02-2016, 03:08 AM
We really enjoyed our full timing. We had towed the Montana through over 20 states and figured we would pretty much cover the rest of the U.S. given another 3 or 4 years.........then we spent another 5 month winter in Florida. The beginning-of-the-end was when a buddy (Florida resident) told me what he had purchased his house for. Next thing you know we were asking an agent to show us a couple houses. Bam! No more full timing.

My advise when you are in Florida for 5 months, try to look at all the negatives about Florida, and ignore the prices of homes.

Sally Newberry
08-16-2016, 04:01 AM
My husband will retire in 7 months from law enforcement. Although we're still young (42 & 49) our plan has always been to full time when he retires. We'll be stationary for 6 months at a time (North in the summer, South in the winter) working part time or as work campers. We're planning to rent our house out at first until we decide if we definitely like the full time life. Any advice we can get from current full timers on the transition would be so helpful. I'm excited & scared at the same time.

jcurtis934
08-16-2016, 05:18 AM
To all that approach the decision to full time...just think that somebody reduced the size of your home and put wheels under it. Less house cleaning, more time to seek out things in your area, time to take a class in something that interests you, time to say "don't feel like doing anything today". Sometimes the weather prevents me from carving rock, so I read on my nook. Relax, don't worry, try to enjoy new adventures. John

clutch
05-31-2018, 05:51 PM
Our house is currently listed and we are ready for trailer life. We have a big trailer in Az that we leave on site in the park. We just bought a smaller trailer for summer use in the North and to travel South with. For the last 11 years we have only been in the house for three months a year. Keeping it just isn't worth the expense.