PDA

View Full Version : Duro tire

offroad71
02-29-2016, 04:17 PM
Anyone knows anything about Duro tires? Yes they are from China, that's all I know. Recommended by my local tire shop.

Mr Pachu
02-29-2016, 04:24 PM
Garbage, garbage, garbage. My previous SOB came with Duro tires and on one trip I had the right rear tire develop a bulge right at the tread where it meets the sidewall. The next day the left front tire developed a bulge in the same area. I was also using the TST 507 TPMS and the air pressure and temperature were both good. I caught the defects both times when I stopped to check the tires and trailer over.

DQDick
03-01-2016, 01:41 AM
Google Duro tire problems and that should give you enough information. Also the fact that many RV manufacturers, including apparently Keystone, are using them as original equipment would keep me from using them.

DarMar
03-01-2016, 02:55 AM
I would find another tire shop.

MHC305RL
03-02-2016, 12:12 AM
When I had 14" tires on my previous TT, I went with Kumho Radial 857 tires. They were D range with a 75 mph speed rating IIRC. They were great tires. Never a problem. Most people will probably steer you to Maxxis. They seem to be the Cadillac of 14" and some 15" sizes.

I had Duro on our pop up camper years ago, never a problem. Apparently they were a good tire back then for light weight trailers. But I don't know about today.