PDA

View Full Version : exost for V-10

Trailer Trash 2
10-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Writting for a friend he just got a new f350 cc and his question is putting a new exost system I think he was interrested in a 4 or 5 inch pipes on his truck will it give him more hourse power? or will he be waisting his money.

TT2

sreigle
10-06-2004, 07:53 PM
I had the Banks system put on our '99 F350 V10 and it made a good towing truck into a really good towing truck. Just my opinion, of course. This included both new intake as well as exhaust from headers back.

Broome101
10-07-2004, 01:56 AM
I suggest same as Steve he will need to change out his air intake system and take the exhast back from header pipes. Be carefull thought I had 1999 and when I did all of the above I made the mistake of going with Flowmaster system. It may be great system but when towing it was so loud inside the truck when pulling a load it made our ears hurt with that deep thropttles echo it made. but when it was not loaded it sounded great. I have 2001 PSD CC now and love it, I also changed the exhaust and intake on it it does help get the hot temps down from the EGT, no real noise increase with Desiel. On my gas engine it helped with the exhaust but not that much but don't use a load system such as Flowmaster if you have steep grades you want like the loud throttle noise.

NJ Hillbilly
10-07-2004, 02:16 AM
Banks does put together a nice system. The gains are probably not as great as advertised but they are definitely noticeable. In order to get the advertised power You need to do the total package, exhaust and intake. One or the other will be wasted money.

John