PDA

View Full Version : camping this weekend colorado

Happycamperscolorado
02-04-2015, 05:48 AM
it is going to be SO NICE this weekend in colorado along the front range i am itching to take
the new rv out for a spin!!!

Fulltimers almost
02-04-2015, 06:08 AM
Enjoy, Colorado is great. Lived in Colorado 50 years and camped all over the State. Enjoy it, hope the weather is nice for you.

K0LCB
02-04-2015, 06:15 AM
Have fun

scattershot
02-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Do you know where you will be going yet?

Happycamperscolorado
02-04-2015, 09:04 AM
no. we are still kicking it around. wife thinks she has something going on their weekend with quilting so i might just go ahead and fire up the generator at the storage lot and get this beast cleaned and waxed and finish the LED light installs. warm weather just has me chomping at the bit to get out.

jcurtis934
02-04-2015, 09:29 AM
You just need to get a good snow storm to take care of that camping desire. John

Happycamperscolorado
02-04-2015, 10:00 AM
snowed here today in the Denver area with a forecast high in the 60's saturday, sunday and monday!!!!!! will feel like spring time for sure

sambam
02-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Staring at my Montana with a foot + of snow on the roof makes me long for those camping days even more.

CORattler
02-04-2015, 12:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Happycamperscolorado

it is going to be SO NICE this weekend in colorado along the front range i am itching to take
the new rv out for a spin!!!

If Cheyenne Mountain State Campground
http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/CheyenneMountain
is open, it would be a good place to scratch that itch. Full hookups and great sites.
Also Cherry Creek http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/CherryCreek/Pages/Camping.aspx

Have fun! [:p]:D:D

jlb27537
02-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Sounds like a trip to Salida for a overnight in the Walmart parking lot.

Or maybe Buena Vista over Cottonwood to the Walmart in Gunnison.

Or a really long week end to the RGV for some 70-80 degrees this w/e.

DarMar
02-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Dennis, you definitely have the itch that so many of us who live in colder climates start feeling about this time of the year and of course quilting usually takes priority. Oh well as Maureen says there are far worse "addictions" she could have.

Happycamperscolorado
02-05-2015, 03:18 AM
Darmar. i agree. with our hobbies it works out well when camping. she quilts and i fly fish or go take pictures. it isn't a problem when we put the RV on the perm site for the summer. if she has an event or quilt get away, i just jump in the truck and head to the camper and she can meet me there later. works out in the end. :D

DarMar
02-05-2015, 03:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by Happycamperscolorado

Darmar. i agree. with our hobbies it works out well when camping. she quilts and i fly fish or go take pictures. it isn't a problem when we put the RV on the perm site for the summer. if she has an event or quilt get away, i just jump in the truck and head to the camper and she can meet me there later. works out in the end. :D

We also have a summer permanent site at the edge of one of our national parks and we have set up our Montana so Maureen has a quilting area. Our neighbour at the lake also quilts so the ladies keep busy, even outside on the deck if weather is good, and us guys do other stuff we like. If you ever make it up our way the girls should definitely get together. Enjoy!

scattershot
02-05-2015, 04:55 PM
To me, Chatfield is head and shoulders above Cheyenne Mountain or Cherry Creek. The part that's open now is electric only, as far as I know.

Happycamperscolorado
02-06-2015, 03:15 AM
well looks like we both got busy this weekend. have to go shoot pictures for special olympics Polar Plunge in aurora on saturday. camping going to have to wait a little longer but that is ok.

CORattler
02-06-2015, 04:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by scattershot

To me, Chatfield is head and shoulders above Cheyenne Mountain or Cherry Creek. The part that's open now is electric only, as far as I know.

Interesting... I have the exact opposite perspective. Each to his own! :D

Happycamperscolorado
02-07-2015, 05:03 AM
cherry creek is 15 minutes from us so when we do go on the maiden voyage with this new camper, it will most likely be there.

Fulltimers almost
02-11-2015, 05:48 AM
I know all of the camp spots mentioned above. I like them all. Lived close to Cherry Creek, took my 18 ft. Rockwood to a number of times to all those places but we wound up putting in in Buena Vista for the year and used it as a get away from the busy city. Got up their frequently even in the winter. Wife is trying to figure out how to organize quilting in the new Montana and I am thinking about consolidating all my fishing equipment into a small but manageable and effective size. Also, look forward to pulling the new trailer back to Colorado and spending time on both sides of the mountains.