PDA

View Full Version : Tires

laburrows
10-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Putting G rates tires at 3750 max load weight at 110 psi on my 3100 5th wheel.
Should I run less psi on the tires being as trailer does not meet max load for these tires
fully loaded to prevent the tire from not sitting properly on the road.?

mhs4771
10-27-2014, 01:47 PM
You will get answers all over the board. I personally ran my 614s at 110 PSI, and now run my 114s at the max 125 PSI and currently have 20K plus miles on them and they still look new.

BB_TX
10-27-2014, 02:05 PM
I try to set my pressures according to the manufacturer's load vs pressures charts. Higher pressures than required will make them ride stiffer transferring that to the vehicle they are on.
My truck tires are rated at 80 lbs but I run 65 in the fronts per the door tag. 80 on those is definitely noticible.

rohrmann
10-27-2014, 03:10 PM
I run our G614's at 105 psi to 110 psi. The tires have little noticeable wear with over 12,000 miles on them. The trailer tracks better with much more control.

DQDick
10-27-2014, 04:47 PM
I run mine at 108. That way temp and altitude don't force me to change as much. My low is 105 and my high is 110.

bethandkevin
10-28-2014, 02:38 AM
105 psi here. It's almost like Ron Popeel says, "set it and forget it", except for the pre-trip checks.

Doberman
10-29-2014, 03:22 AM
By the charts, I should run 80 in mine; however, I started them at 105. On the trip to Florida last winter, at the end of a day's travel, we would find cabinet doors open and things on the floor due to the trailer "bouncing" too much. On the return trip, I settled on 95 (between chart recommendation and max pressure) and the ride was great. Think I will stay at 95.

HOOK
10-29-2014, 09:48 AM
At the national rally, Tredit said to run max cold pressure , 110 , all the time.

Tom S.
10-29-2014, 11:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

I run mine at 108. That way temp and altitude don't force me to change as much. My low is 105 and my high is 110.

When I get mine, I'm going to fill them with helium to help lighten the load. :D :D

Sally Newberry
09-05-2016, 07:42 AM
What model/weight are you pulling? We are having the excessive bouncing. It's a horrible ride & cabinets open, things are all over in cupboards. We're going to check our air pressure. We're pulling a 40'3402RL. We're desperate to find a fix.quote:Originally posted by Doberman

By the charts, I should run 80 in mine; however, I started them at 105. On the trip to Florida last winter, at the end of a day's travel, we would find cabinet doors open and things on the floor due to the trailer "bouncing" too much. On the return trip, I settled on 95 (between chart recommendation and max pressure) and the ride was great. Think I will stay at 95.

WeBeFulltime
09-05-2016, 08:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sally Newberry

What model/weight are you pulling? We are having the excessive bouncing. It's a horrible ride & cabinets open, things are all over in cupboards. We're going to check our air pressure. We're pulling a 40'3402RL. We're desperate to find a fix.quote:Originally posted by Doberman

It may not be the tires. Have you considered changing how you prepare for travel. We have a RK and although many people complain about them being hard on the contents we NEVER have a problem.

egregg57
09-06-2016, 02:56 AM
[/quote]

When I get mine, I'm going to fill them with helium to help lighten the load. :D :D
[/quote]

I like it!

Sally Newberry
09-06-2016, 04:10 AM
We don't have much in the camper at all. We're still weekend campers, this was our first weekend trip.quote:Originally posted by WeBeFulltime

quote:Originally posted by Sally Newberry

It may not be the tires. Have you considered changing how you prepare for travel. We have a RK and although many people complain about them being hard on the contents we NEVER have a problem.