PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Goodyear customer service

sambam
04-09-2014, 08:17 AM
I picked up my bran new (date code 1114) G614's today and I have to say I'm thrilled with the way Goodyear stepped up for me. They gave me more for the Marathons than I ever expected. Outstanding customer service. It's not their fault Keystone chooses to put these tires on our heavy Montanas, but in the interest in customer satisfaction, they really came through. Now I'm confident my tire concerns are a thing of the past.

Simpson9508
04-09-2014, 10:35 AM
What are the details on Good Year helping you out. Did you have a Marabomb blow out?

richfaa
04-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Did not have a blowout but had two of the OEM valve stem leak on our 2013 3402 Big sky. We had them replaced at a Goodyear dealer here in Florida. He replaced them at no cost to me. He was embarrassed that such substandard stems were on his tires.

sambam
04-09-2014, 12:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Simpson9508

What are the details on Good Year helping you out. Did you have a Marabomb blow out?

No blowout, but I did get a baseball sized bubble on the sidewall during my drive home on my final trip of the year last fall. Over the winter, I contacted GY customer service and told them of my concerns, mainly the stuff I learned about the Marathons on this web-site. I explained that I was hoping for some credit should I trade up to the G614's. They gave me a file # and told me to take the tires to a local GY dealer for inspection. I said at the time the trailer was buried in snow and that I wouldn't be doing anything for a couple months. No problem they said, have the dealer call and reference the file #. Well I took the tires up to them on Sat. and told my tale of woe. The tire guy said it looked like a broken steel belt in the bubbled tire, because of the way the tread had crowned. Anyway, I got a call on Monday saying that GY credited me $484 towards my new tires! Even though the Marathons had less than 2000 miles on them, they were manufactured in '08 and I never expected that kind of money in return. So, hats off to them, and you guys here on the MOC. I probably wouldn't have even attempted credit had I not taken advice here. I'd probably be chasing the RV dealer around, getting nowhere, after all, 5 year old tires shouldn't have been put on this trailer as new.

DQDick
04-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Goodyear is usually great to work with, it's just a shame Keystone won't put decent tires on Monty's to start with.

JandC
04-10-2014, 03:00 AM
I am wondering if Goodyear is allowing some type of general allowance when these Marathons get changed out for their G614's. My RV Dealer put 5 new G614's on my new rig to replace my Marathons and only charged $1,000. So someone must have allowed $120-$140 per tire credit for the old ones.

Mark N.
04-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Well, GY didn't help me out one bit. I called them, politely explained what I had learned about the Marathons on my Montana, (and where I learned it from) and asked if they offered any trade allowance on my brand new Marathons for a new set of 614s. No such luck for me. I then went to a large Goodyear commercial truck tire center here in Salt Lake City. Same story...No trade value. No discount. Period. I paid retail, then sold the Marathons on a classified ads website.
If GY has helped you out, consider yourself fortunate, as it doesn't seem to be any kind of standard customer service policy to do so.

My beef isn't with Goodyear, as it isn't their design fault. it is directly aimed at Keystone. They are very aware of the problem, but have chosen to ignore customer safety for profit. No other excuse is plausible. Shame on them for ignoring the mounting evidence of the shortfalls of the Marathon tires on these heavy rigs.

Next time, the Keystone brands will have one strike against them when I start shopping if they continue this practice. They aren't the only manufacturer that has something to offer. I have already shared what I have learned with friends who are now shopping for their own RV.

bigskyjimmy
04-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately Mark Most Brands use E rated tires in the Montana Price range, Keystone is not the only one ,upper end brands have the good G + rated tires on them,I upgraded to G rated 14 ply tires and Les Schwab tire out here in the West gave me 70 bucks a piece for the Marathons:)

steelpony5555
04-11-2014, 06:30 PM
The shame is that Keystone execs read this and know what we as RV'ers are saying and can see the damage done but still turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the subject....