PDA

View Full Version : Thanks From a SOB Owner

JandC
03-20-2014, 04:27 AM
My buddy has a SOB triple axle toy hauler. As I have stated before in other posts, he probably blows a tire every 1,000 miles and has had damage. He is starting out on a 6 months trip out west (lives in Florida) April 1. For months I have been working on him to switch out his 6 tires to G614s. He had gotten an estimate somewhere for over $3,000 and wasn't ready to spend that much. This week CW at Ft. Myers cut him a deal for around $340 each installed and they are installing them now. Even though I have never had a blow out, I passed on the information posted on the MOC site to him about tires. The experience and sharing of information on this site helps a lot of folks in the RV community, and sometimes not just Montana owners.

scott-pati
03-21-2014, 07:42 AM
All information is good, doesn't matter what brand we own. Thanks for sharing.

Scott

Bigboomer
03-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Just like in the motorcycling world "it does not matter what you ride as long as you ride" so helping someone else who shares our passion for RVing only helps out and hopefully he passes his good fortunes and info forward....Knowledge is everything!

1retired06
03-21-2014, 02:10 PM
No indication of what brand tires he was running. Hopefully no other issues contributing to his problems. Best tires in the world will still fail if underinflated under excessive speed.

JandC
03-23-2014, 04:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by 1retired06

No indication of what brand tires he was running. Hopefully no other issues contributing to his problems. Best tires in the world will still fail if underinflated under excessive speed.

He said his old brand were AKURETS, made in China stamped on them.