PDA

View Full Version : Had to get new tires at the Q

Trailer Trash 2
03-11-2014, 04:57 PM
We were very lucky and received 5 good years service out of our old LT-235 85R16 trailer tires. When we arrived at the Q I noticed that I could not get my tire chocks in between the tires to lock them down on the passenger side of the Monty.
after further inspection and sticking my head down and taking a close look I was suppressed to see some shinny silver lining and the thread starting to separate. wow I was lucky to catch that before we hit the road again. the tire store in the Q wanted 1300.00 if he didn't run into complications, ???????? Huh what kind of complications can you get changing a tire. forget him. we went to Blythe and got all 4 for 750.00 OTD. Hankook LT-235/85r16 E rated.
In short check them tires and shop around.

DQDick
03-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Glad you caught it in time! Always a good thing to shop around.

1retired06
03-12-2014, 02:47 AM
Just in time!

Art-n-Marge
03-12-2014, 07:04 AM
Had you just driven from your homeplace in Santa Fe Springs? Lots of possibilities to think about, but it all turned out well. Did you actually drive to Blythe on those tires?

Feels good to have some good rubber on the trailer, doesn't it? Especially after something like that. I'm guessing a China bomb would have blown up and done some damage rather than making your discovery with a chock.

Trailer Trash 2
03-12-2014, 09:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Had you just driven from your homeplace in Santa Fe Springs? Lots of possibilities to think about, but it all turned out well. Did you actually drive to Blythe on those tires?

Feels good to have some good rubber on the trailer, doesn't it? Especially after something like that. I'm guessing a China bomb would have blown up and done some damage rather than making your discovery with a chock.

NO way Art. what I did was use two bottle jacks one under each axel, I also had the Ram connected to the pin or hitch for stability while the wheels were off the ground, we did one side at a time, with the help of my Bro in Law we then took the 27 mile trip one way the tire store installed the new ones and we came back and put them on , we then repeated the same thing on the drivers side. after 4.5 hours of work it was safe and I didn't have to break camp.

Art-n-Marge
03-12-2014, 02:36 PM
That's the story I was hoping for. It's always nice to have help.

CORattler
03-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Smart (and correct) moves with some luck mixed in. Glad all turned out well for you & yours. Now on to more camping!! :D:D[8D][8D];)[:p]

quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

NO way Art. what I did was use two bottle jacks one under each axel, I also had the Ram connected to the pin or hitch for stability while the wheels were off the ground, we did one side at a time, with the help of my Bro in Law we then took the 27 mile trip one way the tire store installed the new ones and we came back and put them on , we then repeated the same thing on the drivers side. after 4.5 hours of work it was safe and I didn't have to break camp.

scott-pati
03-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Lucky find, and just in time it seems. Sounds like it was a long day for you, but in the end, it could have been a lot worse and more expensive.

Scott

Rondo
03-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Hey Don, now that you got new shoes on the Monte you can come out and join us at the Central Plains Regional Rally(CPRR) here in Nebraska the 23rd-28th of July! Come and enjoy some Nebraska hospitality! Yup, just another unsensored plug for the CPRR! :DNothing better than to know you don't have to worry about those shoes on the Monte when traveling! Take care and have a great camping season!

Trailer Trash 2
03-13-2014, 07:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Hey Don, now that you got new shoes on the Monte you can come out and join us at the Central Plains Regional Rally(CPRR) here in Nebraska the 23rd-28th of July! Come and enjoy some Nebraska hospitality! Yup, just another unsensored plug for the CPRR! :DNothing better than to know you don't have to worry about those shoes on the Monte when traveling! Take care and have a great camping season!

I have them dates penciled in Rondo, thanks for the heads up.