PDA

View Full Version : TPMS brands

TAKPAK
02-12-2014, 05:18 AM
I had no idea there were so many different brands of TPMS. I'm on Amazon's daily "specials" list, and today it was TPMS. They listed the following:
Tyredog, EEZtire, Orange Electronics, Minder Research, Accutire, Hopkins, and even Schrader. Some were pretty good deals, too. I've still got my PressurePro, and still on the original batteries, 6 years so far. But it was interesting to see the different ones available.
Pretty good prices on some of them.

DQDick
02-12-2014, 08:20 AM
I changed from PressurePro to TST to get the flow thru sensors. Other than that, I haven't seen anything to get me to change what I have.

nosticks
02-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Tire Minder, Tire Tracker, and a few more made in the same China factory and sold under different brand names. Tire Minder was originally purchased from, and I hate to admit it, Camping World for an outrageous sum. It was the one stolen from me last month. I replaced with Tire Tracker. It was the very same device, in fact, I used it with the original transmitters. Idiot thieves didn't steal the transmitters. Oh, and the Tire Tracker was about half price of the one from CW. Imagine that.

okierver
02-12-2014, 09:57 AM
i bought the tst 507 also with the flow thru sensors.havnt put them on yet monty is still hibernating, anxious to try them

Dutch and Di
02-22-2014, 06:21 PM
We've had our TST 510 system for over 5 years. Batteries still going strong and it is working fine. It "saved" us twice, once was big time when a brake caliper stuck and we have tremendous heat at that wheel. Wouldn't have known if our alarm hadn't gone off. We bought the TST because it monitors temperature and pressure at the same time. Hugs, Di

Captain Joe
02-23-2014, 03:37 AM
I have PressurePro with seven year old batteries. Contacted them last week and bought ten new sensors and a new 16-tire unit that has been upgraded to include temperature monitoring/alarms at discounted pricing. They sent all the new items and then ask me to send the old system and control unit back to them on the honor system.

Bigsky3625RE
02-23-2014, 06:03 AM
We have the TST 507. Not the flow-thru. Nice piece of mind. It cycles through the sensors automatically so it does not require you to take your hands off the wheel.

Sensors have a special tool for install and romoval.

Rondo
02-23-2014, 09:58 AM
The Tire Minder and the Tire Tracker are exactly the same units just distributed by two different companies. The Tire Minder is sold out of Florida and the Tire Tracker is sold out of Texas. As "nosticks" states, they are exactly interchangeable. I purchased the Tire Minders while down at the Tampa RV Show two years ago and then I purchased four more monitors down in Arizona while at Q. Purchased the four for the TV since the 3500's do not come with tire monitors on them like the 2500's do. Haven't put them on yet but received an email from the Tire Minder company telling me to send my old batteries in and they would replace them for nothing! SWEET!!! So far I haven't needed the signal booster but will see IF we go out and purchase a new or gently used unit if that will be needed! No problems with the units, whether monitors or receiver, as of this date IF I remember to recharge the receiver!!:D

Denfinger
02-23-2014, 01:35 PM
TST 507 for me. Changeable sensor batteries. 3 years so far great service.

Drifty1
02-23-2014, 02:37 PM
I am going to try TST 507 flow thru that I have ordered from MOC member "Wiesehan". I will give a report after I can give them a test. Unit with 8 ea-507 flow thru sensors for 459.00 including shipping. Might check with Don for pricing.

chieflawdawg
02-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Captain Joe, did they give you a good trade in on your old one?

DonandBonnie
02-24-2014, 01:18 AM
Had a bad experience with Pressure Pro a few years ago. The sensors were difficult to program and the signal was lost more times than we care to remember. Bought a TST last year and have not regretted the decision.

Captain Joe
02-24-2014, 02:21 AM
Steve,

Yes, $115 ($70 off)for the new unit which now monitors tire temperatures and $35 per sensor instead of $50. Talk to Robin Sutton at: http://advantagepressurepro.com/home.asp