PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell

bethandkevin
11-19-2013, 01:27 PM
It gets harder with each one, I said goodbye to our canine kid tonight, Max. Some of you met him in Goshen. Best damn hunter and companion. Died of a ruptured spleen at just short of six years old. Vet said it was probably due to a tumor within the spleen. He died peacefully and without any fear in his eyes. I'm thankful for that. Funny, that dog brought me closer to God tonight! May the squirrels be plentiful where you are ol' boy.
http://www.montanaowners.com/attachments/photobucket/img_1004678_0_aaeffda891272e0b4a0980c9e713ce35.jpg (http://s258.photobucket.com/user/bethskellenger/media/Max.jpg.html)

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.skellenger.9?hc_location=stream
For anyone interested, these pic's that my daughter posted show what a big part of our life he is.

mlh
11-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Sorry, they are true friends and part of the family.
Lynwood

Icehouse
11-19-2013, 01:53 PM
I agree with you that it gets harder with each one. Saying a prayer for comfort for you tonight.

DQDick
11-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Our prayers are with you. Always tough to loose a member of the family like that.

chieflawdawg
11-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Prayer for you and your family. I can't even imagine life without our Maxwell. He is sleeping beside me right now. Our camping companion.

Jewels
11-20-2013, 01:30 AM
So very sorry to hear of your loss! I believe it does get harder as we get older, but we just have to love them and give them a safe and happy life while we have them. All the best to you.

K0LCB
11-20-2013, 02:20 AM
You have my most sincere sympathy! It does get harder as we age, I think we become more aware of our feelings!

Captain Joe
11-20-2013, 02:55 AM
So sorry for you loss.

Big Dave
11-20-2013, 04:22 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss, You are right with each one it gets harder.
Those are some great pictures on the facebook page, I am sure they bring back some wonderful memories.

bigskyjimmy
11-20-2013, 05:25 AM
Sorry Beth and Kevin that's always a tough one especially when they go too young, will say a Prayer for you guys and Maxwell(Love that name:)) tonight

Mrs. CountryGuy
11-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

May this bring some peace in your loss.

triumphess
11-20-2013, 12:55 PM
So sorry for your loss! It is never easy to lose them.

tweber502
11-20-2013, 03:31 PM
BethandKevin I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers go out for you two and for Max. Can't imagine life without our precious JoJo. And to Carol, That was beautiful. Brought a tear to a very dry eye.......Tim

higgs6867
12-12-2013, 05:30 AM
We recently lost one of ours as well, we had her 13 years and I miss her terribly, words do not do much good to ease the pain but try to keep the memory of Max fresh in your mind and in your heart, that's where he lives on.

Virginia Young
05-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Okay - that made me cry. I have never seen it before, but it makes me happy to know I will be met by one dog and two cats (at this point . . .). I just had to put my sweet kitty, Tiger, to sleep this past Sunday night. Something I had never heard of - Saddle thrombus. He was perfectly fine one minute - then total loss of back legs. He has been living with my son since we moved in our Monty, and I headed over as soon as Chris called me. He was the sweetest thing and I bawled like a baby all night. I asked a friend, "Why do we get so attached to these animals?" Her reply - "Because they teach us to love." So true. The pain in the end is almost unbearable, but the lifetime of memories are priceless.