PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Pro Monitor Mount

chieflawdawg
09-23-2013, 09:02 AM
For you guys with the Pressure Pro TPMS, where and how do you mount the monitor. I used a large piece of Velcro to mount it on my dash just left of my climate control knobs (was the only flat, empty place on my dash). The problem is that when the gear shift is in the drive position, it blocks the PP screen. Probably not a big issue, but wondering if anybody else has a better place. Thought about getting a flat piece of metal and bending it to mount above my cb. It has the visor clips, but then you have a wire hanging down (not like I don't have enough wires hanging everywhere[:I]. Any ideas?

DQDick
09-23-2013, 10:20 AM
We had a place on our Dodge that I velcroed it to. it sat in a tray on the console and leaned on the velcro on the dashboard.

dieselguy
09-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Although I have a TST system with a suction cup mount for the windshield... it works well for me. Does the Pressure Pro have any such accessory?

chieflawdawg
09-23-2013, 10:50 AM
It does have a visor mount that has suction cups attached, but the angle of the windshield almost has it facing down where you can't see the display.

Art-n-Marge
09-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Watch out for the suction mount to the windshield. In some states that's a ticket (as I've been told). But mount in on the dash in the same position and that's not a ticket, oh whatever? (Must be a safety concern? I just don't know).

BB_TX
09-23-2013, 12:04 PM
I am surprised the suction cup mount does not have more adjustment. My TST suction cup mount allows me to attach it toward the lower part of the windshield and adjust it so the monitor hangs about a half inch above the top of the dash, below eye level.

chieflawdawg
09-23-2013, 12:32 PM
I guess that I could bend it to make it work. Will look at it and see. Still trying to get the metal valve stems put on. Like the system though.

Chip
09-23-2013, 02:39 PM
I actually mount mine on the rear window where I can see in in the rearview mirror. Of course I can't reach it while driving but I can see it very well.

jjackflash
09-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Steve,I think you need to mount level with the dash. The antenna needs to be in sight of the sensors on the trailer. At least mine did!
Jack

NCFischers
09-24-2013, 02:04 AM
Have Carla drive, she's shorter and it probable won't be a problem for her. :D:D:D

timandsusan
09-24-2013, 03:28 AM
On my 2012 F250 I mount ours on the passenger side of the dash with the antenna extending above the dash. 2 velcro strips hold it just fine. Works great--DC plug just to the left of the mount. The antenna does not have to be vertical--my leans forward about 20 degrees. It works well because ours sounded the dreaded alarm early in this trip!

Fire5er
09-25-2013, 05:19 AM
We also used Velcro and placed it on the rear window behind the driver, mainly because I was not getting a good signal when mounted on the visor.

dsprik
09-28-2013, 04:12 PM
We have the extended antenna. We place our monitor on the dash with that non-slip webbing the wife uses in the kitchen shevles. You can cut that to size. Works great...

Ozz
09-29-2013, 02:10 AM
Here is my mounting for my Hawks-head when I am not using it, I put my cell in it, this would work for many things.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Jimsue13/HawksheadMounting?authuser=0&feat=directlink