PDA

View Full Version : Driven US Route 95 - Las Vegas, NV to Blythe, CA?

moutard2
09-09-2013, 12:10 PM
I'd like to get off the I-15 at Las Vegas and take Route 95 south to I-10 which would save a lot of time and miles for me. Has anyone any experience with this route? Thanks!

Irlpguy
09-09-2013, 12:37 PM
I have been up/down this route twice. The road is good and you can bypass Lake Havasu to the West or go through. I have never been on 95 West of Havasu because we have always spent a day or two there. Going through Havasu there are a lot of stop lights and it is slow going. Unless you want to see the London Bridge or it is spring break and you want to see bikini's then bypass it.

You either come out at Blythe or Quartzite, which may be your destination.

bobcat92
09-09-2013, 05:50 PM
We went this route to Q in January. It was ok but it is a seondary road. The Nevada portion was well maintained and was a good road. I can't say the same for the California portion. It had a few 90 degree corners and the road looked like it needed to be resurfaced about ten years ago. No shoulder on this portion as well. Next time I would try the 93 then 40 to needles.

bobcat92
09-09-2013, 06:04 PM
We went this route to Q in January. It was ok but it is a seondary road. The Nevada portion was well maintained and was a good road. I can't say the same for the California portion. It had a few 90 degree corners and the road looked like it needed to be resurfaced about ten years ago. No shoulder on this portion as well. Next time I would try the 93 then 40 to needles.

Art-n-Marge
09-10-2013, 07:47 AM
I've been on much of it with my Monty but not the whole stretch you describe. We had no problems, there's little traffic, however there are not very many services.

Mynabird
09-11-2013, 05:27 PM
A couple years ago, we took the 95 in California and it was not as good as the Arizona 95 in our opinion. .

When going to Q we usually use A95 to go to Parker and beyond.