PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Brake ... Warranty Issue

Montana_243
07-27-2004, 05:22 AM
Bought a Banks exhaust brake earlier this year. Had it installed as I am technically inept and would have hurt myself.

To make a long story shorter, it went on the fritz the day before I was going to Colorado. Banks sent me a new actuator that I will now have to get installed and will cost me additional labor.

Am I being unreasonable to expect Banks to pick up the labor cost? It seems to me that, as the lawyers would say, "but for" Banks defective brake, I wouldn't incur the labor costs and therefore, seems reasonable to me that Banks should pick up the cost. As you can guess, Banks is refusing to do that.

lightningjack11
07-27-2004, 06:20 AM
Sorry about your problems with banks. I guess you just have to read the warranty and see what it states.

Almost went with banks but my DIY brake cost 30 dollars verses a bunch for the banks.

Thanks for the heads up about Banks. I would have thought they would have covered defective brakes.

jsmitfl
07-27-2004, 07:53 AM
Rick, how does the exhaust brake perform on the Durmax/Allison? I've heard pros and cons with them. Was just wondering if it was worth it or not.

Montana_243
07-27-2004, 09:29 AM
When it was working, it was great. But really, only had one trip with it fully functioning. But, it would decrease speed going down a significant hill. I just wish it had worked longer. Cost me over $300 to get it installed and now it's going to cost me more to get it fixed, even with Banks furnishing the part. That part I'm not happy about.

Northstar
07-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the post. Happy rving.....

Montana_655
07-28-2004, 11:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Northstar

Thanks for the post. Happy rving.....

Yes, Thanks for the post. Happy rving.....