PDA

View Full Version : Up date on Mrs Sailer

sailer
06-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Well we went to pain management today in Ft Myers,FL and decided on going with the stimalitor ,which is wires in the spine next to the dura. they are run by a battery with a remote , hand held, to stimulate her as she needs it. It is much better than pills for the rest of her life. You can't live on Vicodin . We hope to have a test installed on july 8 of this year and The Doc said we could travel after a few weeks , so we are headed to Wisconsin for business for a few weeks then back to Bonita Springs.FL to get the permeniate wires installed, we hope and yet get back to Goshen for the rally . Everything has too fall into place just rite or we will miss the rally but won't know until early sept sometime. We talked to another doc on Monday and he said if it was him he would try anything to get rid of the pain. The web site for this is from St Judes Hosp and is called poweroveryourpain.com , This is the last resort as the scar tussie is the worst if she has to be operated on anymore times as this is # 4 in her back
Thanks everybody sailer John & Sharon Conard #6977 MOC

Mrs. CountryGuy
06-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Simply ~ ~ ~

GOOD LUCK~!

And, toss in a few hugs for good measure. Will keep you both in our prayers.

Drifty1
06-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Wishing Mrs Sailer good luck.. I am most likely headed down this same road in the near future.

H. John Kohl
06-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Prayers for you both. And THANK YOU again for all your support to Ann.

mail2us
06-19-2013, 05:53 PM
John and Sharon,

Hopefully today's doctor visit will be the first step to Sharon's better days ahead. I have to agree Vicodin is not the solution. Tell Sharon this Lafreniere group is praying for her and hopefully her Lafreniere group is also!!

DQDick
06-19-2013, 06:03 PM
You both continue in our prayers.

NCFischers
06-20-2013, 12:38 AM
I used to know someone that had that done. It worked great for him. Good luck and we'll keep her in our prayers.

tbhd
06-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Praying this will help Sharon with the pain. It's amazing what the doctors can do. Please keep us posted and hope you can make the Fall Rally.

jpkelpe
06-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Praying that she will get relief now, at least enough so that she can enjoy traveling

Jay Bird
06-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Prayers for both of you John and Sharon. We hope this procedure provides her relief. Travel safe to WI and on your return to FL.

richfaa
06-21-2013, 12:34 AM
We hope for the best.

sreigle
06-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you, Sharon and John.

Jim n Vicki
07-01-2013, 04:11 AM
Hubby recently had this procedure. He had previously had 2 major back surgeries with pins, screws and fusions and was still in so much pain that he could not walk a block. He had the test in February and felt that there was "some" relief so we went forward with the final procedure of the implantation. It has been a little over two months and the difference is amazing! The other day we walked about a mile, he is standing much straighter, and his attitude is so much better (this sure makes my life better as well!). We now know of three people that this procedure has helped - GOOD LUCK!

sailer
07-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Jim n Vicki Sharon goes in next Monday for her 7 day trial period . We hope and pray it works so she can have the final procedure done soon after that . Thank you very much for the note
sailer

mobil
07-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Hope and prayers for you both.

rames14
07-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Good luck and hope to see you at the rally. We will keep you both in our prayers.

steelpony5555
07-04-2013, 02:12 PM
I would be interested in how it works. They gave me an option of having a tens unit buried in my butt a while back but I did not like that idea at the time. Well now that I have a pacemaker what's one more hunk of metal buried in me.... May let them do it now......

seahunter
07-09-2013, 11:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by sailer

Well we went to pain management today in Ft Myers,FL and decided on going with the stimalitor ,which is wires in the spine next to the dura. they are run by a battery with a remote , hand held, to stimulate her as she needs it. It is much better than pills for the rest of her life. You can't live on Vicodin . We hope to have a test installed on july 8 of this year and The Doc said we could travel after a few weeks , so we are headed to Wisconsin for business for a few weeks then back to Bonita Springs.FL to get the permeniate wires installed, we hope and yet get back to Goshen for the rally . Everything has too fall into place just rite or we will miss the rally but won't know until early sept sometime. We talked to another doc on Monday and he said if it was him he would try anything to get rid of the pain. The web site for this is from St Judes Hosp and is called poweroveryourpain.com , This is the last resort as the scar tussie is the worst if she has to be operated on anymore times as this is # 4 in her back
Thanks everybody sailer John & Sharon Conard #6977 MOC

Hi John and Sharon,

I had my SCS installed last October, so I've had it about nine months. I have been very satisfied with the outcome. Keep in mind that if the trial goes well, generally the final placement works even better - especially if they can go with the paddle leads for the permanent which they don't do just for the trial. I have been able to reduce my pain meds and the distraction from the stim unit is a wonderful change from constant pain.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Greg