PDA

View Full Version : First Trip

rames14
05-02-2013, 03:48 AM
Well, I guess we are now officially Longtimers. Our first trip is taking us to New Braunfels, Carlsbad, Tucson, Grand Canyon, National Parks of Utah and then home. If anyone is in those areas the next three weeks, let us know so we can meet up. We are set for this great adventure called Retirement.

c214dick
05-02-2013, 04:53 AM
Enjoy and hope to see you in Nebraska in July.

Mrs. CountryGuy
05-02-2013, 05:31 AM
Ah, the vacation mode. Make that 6 weeks, and you are still going a bit fast! ;);) LOL That's OK, you now have ALL the time you want to do the rolling slower. Enjoy!

1retired06
05-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Have fun!!

richfaa
05-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Just remember guys you have no time schedules. You have all the time in the world to get to wherever you are going. That sound like a two month trip to us.... have fun.

Art-n-Marge
05-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Yes, no time schedules means I hope you don't try and do all this in one day.

Enjoy! May all your travels go well, the good times far outweigh any bad ones and that your experience and knowledge get you through everything. Keep us posted!

DQDick
05-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Safe travels and have a great time!

DonandJudy_12
05-02-2013, 01:18 PM
That is NOT enough time to do what you propose from my perspective- When and where will you "stop to smell the roses"? What happens if you stop overnite and fall in love with your surroundings? JMHO- Anyway, enjoy your adventure- Don

Rainer
05-02-2013, 02:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by rames14
Our first trip is taking us to. . .National Parks of Utah and then home. If anyone is in those areas the next three weeks, let us know so we can meet up. We are set for this great adventure called Retirement.

We'll be in Springdale, UT immediately outside of Zion NP, starting Sunday night through Saturday. Give us a holler if you'll be there that soon, we'll be on the Internet and have Ham radio, too.

tobymaxx
05-03-2013, 02:43 AM
We just completed almost the reverse of what you are doing. We came across from Mesa AZ to the Utah NPs and through Denver back up to WI. If you have the time spend a bit of it in Arches NP in Moab UT. We stayed at OK RV there and it is great. You prob know the hosts there are MOC members.(Arches is absolutely beautiful, but of course it all is.) We spent 3 weeks and only scratched the surface. Definitely heading back out in October. Take your time and soak up all the sights. Enjoy.........

grayghost03
05-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Ron, you all do it anyway you want, you've have earned it. Safe travels, and may the wind be at your back.

sreigle
05-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Ron and Teri, I remember the excitement of that first long trip when we started our fulltiming. We were still in vacation mode and tried to cover way too much territory in a short time. However, your trip will still give you an overview of what's to see and maybe you can pick and choose which areas to go back and spend more time exploring.

At first, a week in one place was a "long time." Then it was 2 weeks. Then a month. Now, a month is our norm except when enroute to somewhere.

Another suggestion. Maybe you already know this. We like to avoid the boring interstates when it's reasonable to do so. The US, and sometimes state, highways are so much more enjoyable and relaxing. For example, in early January 2012, we left Georgetown, TX and went to Gulf Shores, AL and never touched an interstate until we reached Mobile, AL. Much more relaxing and enjoyable trip.

Some people prefer interstates, but from what little I know of you and Teri, I'd bet seeing unexpected things is one of your favorite things. Those non-interstates excel in that.

In any case, enjoy your travels.