PDA

View Full Version : Proton Therapy

mlh
03-03-2013, 12:49 PM
One of our customers was telling me about a relatively new machine to treat cancer. He has raised the $260 million each to buy about 12 of these machines. It is different than the standard radiation machine. They use neutrons this machine uses protons. He told me your insurance would pay for it, it did not have the side affects of standard radiation and is much better than the standard radiation for certain cancers. If you wont to check it out Google MD Anderson proton therapy. Hope this helps someone.
Lynwood

HOOK
03-03-2013, 03:49 PM
[quote]Originally posted by mlh

One of our customers was telling me about a relatively new machine to treat cancer. He has raised the $260 million each to buy about 12 of these machines. It is different than the standard radiation machine. They use neutrons this machine uses protons. He told me your insurance would pay for it, it did not have the side affects of standard radiation and is much better than the standard radiation for certain cancers. If you wont to check it out Google MD Anderson proton therapy. Hope this helps someone.
Lynwood
[/quot

Thanks Lynwood!
I have a friend who just came through that therapy and did very well. Think I'll talk to him tomorrow. He went somewhere in Fla. maybe I'll try it instead of radiation.
Larry

DQDick
03-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Good advice we might need someday. Thanks!

mlh
03-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Larry I hope it is help for you. My friend tells me not all of the treatment centers are equal for all cancers. If I can help more PLEASE contact me.
It is strange the people you meet. I have a habit of asking what the weather is and when I get a chance what they do for a living when I talk to them. I sure get some interesting answers. Like the guy that his father worked for the secret service and he mowed President Truman's lawn. Bess Truman made him cookies every Saturday. His father made him stay for the fresh baked cookies and all he wonted to do was go play ball with his buddies.
Lynwood