PDA

View Full Version : Zion River Resort


bighornram
05-12-2012, 04:16 AM
Pulled into Zion River Resort (http://zionriverresort.com) last night. I'm in location 82 until Wednesday 5/16

mrtgraz
05-13-2012, 06:03 AM
Been there done that, What a beautiful place, Id go there again in a flash.If u get a chance Hike the narrows trail. Its a little long and alot of it is right up the river, but its a real treat, but dont do it if its gonna rain, u can rent water shoes and anything u want. Im jealous that ur there and im not.There a nice little mexican resteraunt just dowm the road from there if you like that knda food.

Is the road still under construction getting in, and did u go thru the tunnel.

bighornram
05-13-2012, 06:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by mrtgraz

Been there done that, What a beautiful place, Id go there again in a flash.If u get a chance Hike the narrows trail. Its a little long and alot of it is right up the river, but its a real treat, but dont do it if its gonna rain, u can rent water shoes and anything u want. Im jealous that ur there and im not.There a nice little mexican resteraunt just dowm the road from there if you like that knda food.

Is the road still under construction getting in, and did u go thru the tunnel.

The weather is awesome no rain in sight. We went around the tunnel pulling and glad I did. They would have turned me around as I'm > 50' total length.
YouTube driving through the tunnel(4.5 minutes) (http://youtu.be/rG1wJobdU_4)

jjackflash
05-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Plus,you're to high,we went through with our Dually and was charged extra because Big Butt was too wide!
Jack

kylec2
05-13-2012, 04:55 PM
We stayed there several years ago and it was great!

helmick
05-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Stayed at Zion River Resort and loved it, some great country.

bighornram
05-14-2012, 03:52 AM
We are making a day trip to Bryce Canyon today, desert spring time weather is awesome.

washley1
05-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Interested in what you think of Bryce. We will be in Utah by the middle of next week, starting at Moab for a week, then a week at Kodachrome Basin SP. Hope the real heat holds off till after we're there!

snfexpress
05-14-2012, 09:05 PM
We enjoyed both parks but have to say that because we are 13' 3" tall and 57' long, we didn't tow through the tunnel!!!

bighornram
05-15-2012, 06:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by washley1

Interested in what you think of Bryce. We will be in Utah by the middle of next week, starting at Moab for a week, then a week at Kodachrome Basin SP. Hope the real heat holds off till after we're there!

We really enjoyed it. It is about an hour ride from Zion to Bryce. I don't know when the busy time is for these parks but it is surely not right now. Low traffic and few people at the viewing points. Temp at Bryce was a cool 75* mid day. Coming back to Zion RR was 75* at the tunnel and 90* in the base of the canyon.

quote:Originally posted by washley1

We enjoyed both parks but have to say that because we are 13' 3" tall and 57' long, we didn't tow through the tunnel!!!
I measured my height at 12'11" but violate the length also at 57'.

washley1
05-15-2012, 08:16 PM
We'll be staying at Kodachrome Basin SP after moving down from Moab. A week in each. And I don't think we'll try the tunnel with the rig. Bed room AC keeps us over limit, if not the overall length. Probably both...

bighornram
05-16-2012, 04:25 AM
As recommended by the folks here at ZRR, we took a drive to Kolob Reservoir/Lava point (http://www.zionnational-park.com/kolob.htm). This road is not gated for the NP. You enter and exit the park several times on the way up. Most notably it was 70* up there and 97* in Virgin! The views were awesome. The reservoir (not in the park) was posted 2 trout limit so if you like to fish, you could spend the day fishing in this scenic spot (cool too).