PDA

View Full Version : MOUSE IN THE HOUSE!!

mrtgraz
05-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Well were sitting in our Monty just enjoying life.. When sure enough theres a racket coming from our ceiling, scratch ,scratch,gnaw,gnaw,a Mouse [}:)] in the house, in the ceiling Im guessing in between the roof and the ceiling. How in the world do this pests get in, and how am I suppose to get him out,All night long , they drove us crazy! I want to KILL them but how?? Any body else ever have this and if so howd u get rid of them?:(Signed one angry camper[xx(]TNT

Tfthorp
05-05-2012, 02:17 AM
I use the sonic plug ins in the SB and have used them in the 5er too. Be careful if you have pets they might not like them.

jimcol
05-05-2012, 03:12 AM
You can remove the interior trim ring on the ceiling vents or shower dome. This gives you access to the top of the ceiling. May need to push the insulation around a little and place a trap (either box or snap) and re-install the trim. When the scratching/running stops remove the ring and check the trap. You also need to check your unit for any obvious openings they may be getting in. Sometimes the cut in the belly pan for the drain lines isn't too precise. I closed my opening with spray foam. Good luck, Jim

DQDick
05-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Do as jimcol suggests. Once you have them out consider keeping them out in the future. When we used to park the monty over the winter we put bait traps we bought at Tractor Supply between each set of wheels. Now that we are in parks all the time we use a rope light that comes on at night and still put the bait traps between each wheel. If you're in pack rat territory as we are here, you also want to put moth balls in a section of panty hose and tie it to something under the hood. It's amazing the damage those little buggers can do to a vehicle. We also travel with three cats and that probably helps a little.

1retired06
05-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Be glad you dont have squirrels.

Sky
05-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Chipmonks are fun too!

wingerphil
05-05-2012, 08:41 AM
We recently had one in the bedroom ceiling/front cap area. I took the trim off one of the vents in the bedroom and placed one of the sonic units in the ceiling (had it plugged into an extension cord) pushing it as far forward as I could. I left it plugged in for a couple of days until all the scratching, gnawing noises stopped before removing it and have had no problems since.
This was our first time trying these things and they seemed to work, at least they did this time. You can find them at Wal Mart and any of the larger hardware/lumber centers. We now keep a couple of these plugged in all the time and so far, so good.

Phil

Chip
05-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Last fall when I parked the camper for the winter I tended to snap traps placed around my tires. I stopped counting at 25 mice caught.

We left in February for Florida. This is the first outing that we did not have at least one mouse in the ceiling.

Chip