PDA

View Full Version : Home..

Ozz
04-21-2012, 02:53 PM
After 11 month's, 13,500 miles we are back in K.C. Mo. I won't talk about fuel prices..ever again, may monitor threads about them, quietly.
Anyway, I was backing into our RV spot here at the Casa, turned real sharp, ground not level, and pop! out goes one section of the rear window, Sue was blocking traffic, I was trying to keep right-front tire from falling off into a 3' ditch, always been a tight corner, but never have had to use the slider. Bummer.
Wanted to vacuum carpets, vacuum broke, had to rewire cord, sump pump broke, have to get new sump pump, R.O. water filter needs new filter set, can't use that until fixed, had to call ATT U-verse twice to get 'cable' turned on.......
Dang, this house is big, can't get comfortable with it yet.
So, how's your day going?

racerjoe
04-21-2012, 04:21 PM
the good news is you and sue are home safe. the bad news is, darn that stupid slider!!

tomd
04-21-2012, 04:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

After 11 month's, 13,500 miles we are back in K.C. Mo. I won't talk about fuel prices..ever again, may monitor threads about them, quietly.
Anyway, I was backing into our RV spot here at the Casa, turned real sharp, ground not level, and pop! out goes one section of the rear window, Sue was blocking traffic, I was trying to keep right-front tire from falling off into a 3' ditch, always been a tight corner, but never have had to use the slider. Bummer.
Wanted to vacuum carpets, vacuum broke, had to rewire cord, sump pump broke, have to get new sump pump, R.O. water filter needs new filter set, can't use that until fixed, had to call ATT U-verse twice to get 'cable' turned on.......
Dang, this house is big, can't get comfortable with it yet.
So, how's your day going?
Ozz, look at the bright side, their is no deductible for glass breakage. Don't ask me how I know.

DQDick
04-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Welcome home? :([:0][|)][V]

Art-n-Marge
04-21-2012, 06:09 PM
The good news is that you know how to fix everything. Just think if that was me? Ever see an old grown man cry over the silliest things? Well no, I don't think I'd cry but I'd sure be really, really angry at things.

Your window issue? Are you now part of the "I have a slider and didn't use it" group... et tu Ozz? bummer.

Ozz
04-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Never needed it before, I was in a hurry, Sue had traffic backed up in front of the house. I got nervous, tried to hurry and Bam!
Have backed into this spot since 2007, just never needed it.
Till now....

Champ_49
04-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Well all I can say Ozz is "Welcome Home" in more ways than one. Sure glad I don't have that to come home to. Repairs, upkeep, mowing, shoveling snow, and on and on!! But thats me, glad to see you are home safe and sound. Now you know why you bought the slider.........sorry hadda do it!! LOL

Dave

Waynem
04-22-2012, 05:33 AM
I wonder why they make sliders?

Hmmm!

Ozz
04-22-2012, 06:14 AM
You guys are tough, good thing I am thick-skinned. Hey, if I couldn't handle the criticism, I wouldn't post my screw-ups.
I do this so others will learn by my stupid mistakes...and I do a bunch of them...

DQDick
04-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I'm at least Tonto.

Ozz
04-22-2012, 06:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I'm at least Tonto.

Most people are smart enough to screw-up and keep it to themselves.
You have to go a long was to cath up with me Dick, good luck down there at the lake, do you have a Tornado shelter close?

Just148
04-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Ozz, I have some of the same issues at one places or the other (Michigan or Florida).. The other day changing the water filter on the well the pipe broke and gave me a shower I didn't ask for. Went to cut the lawn and the mower quit, went to get the camper ready for a new trip and the Refrigerator has a leak. I'm just having a great time fixing thing.. Now I will be leaving Fl. heading to Mi. wondering whats in store for me there. Ozz have a great day
just148

Ozz
04-22-2012, 10:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Just148

Ozz, I have some of the same issues at one places or the other (Michigan or Florida).. The other day changing the water filter on the well the pipe broke and gave me a shower I didn't ask for. Went to cut the lawn and the mower quit, went to get the camper ready for a new trip and the Refrigerator has a leak. I'm just having a great time fixing thing.. Now I will be leaving Fl. heading to Mi. wondering whats in store for me there. Ozz have a great day
just148

Ouch! well, we all have the cascade of problems once and a while, I think you are due for a 'trouble-free' zone up in Mi. Good luck, and travel safe.

Ozz
04-22-2012, 04:03 PM
and the washing machine quit...

Rondo
04-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Is that in the Sticks and Bricks or in the Monte Ozz? :(

Ozz
04-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Sue's Kenmore Elite Oasis at the house. It's a door lock switch, I already ordered it. You have to reset it a zillion times to get a load done. Should be a 10 minute fix once I get the part, around $60.00 plus $6.00 shipping.

scductman
04-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Ozz just so you know you are not alone a friend and I moved his DD old 5er with the flat front with his SB dodge he don't like to pull it so he asked me to but also said to watch out because he and his SIL both had hit the cab of the SILs truck. well I told him not to worry "Because I Can Drive" LOL. Sure wish I had not said that still hear about it!!!. Didn"t break the glass but bent the cab of his truck a little. Glad you made it home safe.
Bobby

grampachet
04-23-2012, 05:09 AM
Wow, ya all make me nervous. We head home today and hope to NOT find any of the problems you mentioned!

Ozz
04-23-2012, 05:22 AM
I hope not too, good luck with the stick house.

and my bathroom sink is leaking all over from the water valve......
(The packing dries out when the water is shut off) I shut off my water to the house at the street while we were gone for 11 month's.

bncinwv
04-23-2012, 05:56 AM
Sounds like you really need to get away Ozz!! Perhaps you are due for a long trip??[}:)][}:)][}:)]
Bingo

Parts Ed
04-23-2012, 06:12 AM
LOL.....

Ozz
04-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Ha, I would love to run away and hide...

bethandkevin
04-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Welcome home Ozz. Did the same thing last year re-setting my landing gear for leveling. All you can say is DOH! and honey do you have our agents number? Mine was a $1000.00 power slider that you can't get "pieces" for.

Parts Ed
04-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Count me in Ozz, can't wait until July when we head out to Illinois for a couple of weeks-would stay out longer but I would probably not have a job when I got back :).

Ozz
04-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Ouch again! That was one you could have used a 'do over!' on.
My deductable is too high, this is coming out of my pocket.

Ozz
04-23-2012, 08:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Parts Ed

Count me in Ozz, can't wait until July when we head out to Illinois for a couple of weeks-would stay out longer but I would probably not have a job when I got back :).

To heck with them, Poor people are happy too :)

Parts Ed
04-23-2012, 10:55 AM
You do have a point there!!

Bill-N-Donna
04-23-2012, 11:32 AM
What went wrong other than being pressured and in a hurry? If youíve done that several times in the past what changed?

Ozz
04-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Well, the turn I have to make to get in my property parking place is a tight 90 degree turn on top of a hill at a crossroads. I was backing the trailer in, the 2 drivers side trailer tires were in a muddy ditch about 6" deep, the right truck tire was on the ledge of the asphalt road with about 9"-10" of drop off, I was getting out of the truck to check the truck tire, Sue was blocking traffic coming up the hill (a blind spot) and... there was traffic I was holding up in front of me. I can't pull foreword, that road goes down a steep hill, my truck would not be able to back the trailer from that way.
It is threading the needle every time I do it. I had the truck away about 4" from touching the window, got out, checked the tire location, motioned to the backed up traffic I would be done in a few minutes, and when I got in and backed up...Bam, the window exploded. The muddy ditch lowered that side of the trailer I guess, and I wasn't perfectly in place.
Oh, and I can't enter from the other direction, the turns are too steep.
Not easy being the Ozzman....

Ozz
04-23-2012, 12:52 PM
OK, my Casa is at N39 12.627' by W94 36.582' Do a Google Earth search, the ditch and south of the road drop-off
are at N39 12.628' by W94 36.572'
You will see what I mean...

Parts Ed
04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Do you have a power sliding window???

Ozz
04-23-2012, 01:41 PM

Do you have a power sliding window???

No, it just slides, I told them to find a solid window, no slides, it is still $360.00 (Heavy tint, F-250 crew cab)

Parts Ed
04-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I priced out both choices just for the "fun of it". $646.00 for the power slider and $349.00 for a manual slider.

DQDick
04-23-2012, 02:19 PM
I have a power sliding window, but have never used it except to show Joyce what that button did. If I ever break it out, looks like a standard window is going back in.

Ozz
04-23-2012, 02:35 PM

I priced out both choices just for the "fun of it". $646.00 for the power slider and $349.00 for a manual slider.

You are a good man. I appreciate it, now how do I get something cheaper???? If I can.

Ozz
04-23-2012, 02:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

I have a power sliding window, but have never used it except to show Joyce what that button did. If I ever break it out, looks like a standard window is going back in.

I am going to go to the solid back glass also.
Dick, do you have a shelter from storms available at the lake?

Driftwoodgal
04-23-2012, 05:07 PM
You know they say most accidents happen within five miles of your home.

Bob hooked the entire side of the Montana on a guide wire to the electric pole. It hooked under the kitchen slide and pulled the entire pole towards the Montana. He thought he was just going to cut the wire and release it. I was on the phone to the power company telling them what had happened. They shouted don't let him do anything to the wire as it could kill him.

The power company was out immediately, cut the wire, and related to hubby that it could have taken his head off when the line snapped. The repair bill was well worth keeping him around.

Jim, sorry you had your trouble, but remember seeing your pictures of your street into your driveway. Things happen.... just glad nobody was hurt.

Know what you mean about living in the smaller area and then coming home to the biggger casa. Have thought we could just live in the Montana, but then I love watching my deer in my backyard. I will grow old in my house and have fun in my Montana.

Parts Ed
04-23-2012, 05:40 PM
That price was for a Ford sliding window, you should be able to in and have them order one for you and get some kind of discount for have a business. (they don't have to know that you might have sold it) There is not a big difference between cost and list on a piece of glass, in fact you might be better off checking with the local glass company that does windshield installs and see if they can get you a factory Carlite sliding window for less money than what the dealer would sell it to you for.

Ozz
04-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi colleen, good to hear from you. I am glad Bob didn't get hurt, it can happen so fast.

Thanks Ed, appreciate it.

CORattler
04-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Ozz,
When you recover from your "welcome home" just think about the 11 month's, 13,500 miles while relaxing and sipping your favorite beverage. You will achieve perspective.

Ozz
04-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks Jay, you are a wise and thoughtful man. We need to stop sometimes, take a deep breath and take a chill pill don't we?

Bill-N-Donna
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Well, the turn I have to make to get in my property parking place is a tight 90 degree turn on top of a hill at a crossroads. I was backing the trailer in, the 2 drivers side trailer tires were in a muddy ditch about 6" deep, the right truck tire was on the ledge of the asphalt road with about 9"-10" of drop off, I was getting out of the truck to check the truck tire, Sue was blocking traffic coming up the hill (a blind spot) and... there was traffic I was holding up in front of me. I can't pull foreword, that road goes down a steep hill, my truck would not be able to back the trailer from that way.
It is threading the needle every time I do it. I had the truck away about 4" from touching the window, got out, checked the tire location, motioned to the backed up traffic I would be done in a few minutes, and when I got in and backed up...Bam, the window exploded. The muddy ditch lowered that side of the trailer I guess, and I wasn't perfectly in place.
Oh, and I can't enter from the other direction, the turns are too steep.
Not easy being the Ozzman....

Hey, Ozz, the Google pictures are great. I even see the Montana parked at your house. Iím assuming the house directly beside the Montana is where you live. Pictures don't always show a true perspective but would you be able to turn in just the opposite of how your Monty is parked in the photo and then make a U-turn into your drive? If so then maybe you could possibly pull straight out of your drive. Of course if there is room I realize you would have to modify a few things but if I lived there and there is room I would be tempted to look into a circle drive for the Monty or something similar to avoid the backing problem you have.

patbarton
04-26-2012, 04:39 AM
Time to plan your next trip!!

Ozz
04-26-2012, 05:02 AM
It is chiseled in granite, rain, shine, broke, fixed, not fixed, we are headed out to Tonopah, and my mountain (Saddle Mountain) in October.
I'm going for it, we never know when our health will go, I ain't waitin.
(I love your fb page)