PDA

View Full Version : Trip weather, anyone use it?

grampachet
01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
There is an iPhone app that will tell you the weather at your trip destinations as you travel. If I am planning a trip to Quartszite and leave Friday 10:00 am it tells me what the weather will be when I arrive at destinations a long the route. It sounds pretty cool.

DQDick
01-06-2012, 07:25 AM
I use Accuweather and also the weather channel apps and they've been good. I'll have to add that one to the collection. Thanks!

DQDick
01-06-2012, 07:29 AM
If It's the same one I just downloaded, it's called Road Trip Weather on Itunes.

HamRad
01-06-2012, 01:46 PM
We simply use the National Weather Service. National Weather (http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/hnx/cwa.php) Of course this is not on our phone but on our computer.

Does it cost anything for this APP? Where does one find it? Thanks. Dennis

grampachet
01-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Mine is called Trip Weather and was the big .99 downloaded from apps on my iPhone and iPad. It will give you a route from here to there with travel time to arrive at places along the route, the when you touch a city somewhere along the route it tells you the weather there at the time you arrive. Not sure of the travel time allocated.

HamRad
01-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Grampatchet,
Thanks for info. Sounds like a great little APP. Dennis

boylanag
01-07-2012, 02:15 AM
Dennis, my NOAA radio died and I found a free app ONGUARD WEATHER ALERTS from Android Market. It monitors NOAA radio and sends weather alerts to phone. Seems like a great app. Good reviews. If this works as advertised, it will be better than the NOAA radio because I always have my phone.

mhs4771
01-07-2012, 04:47 AM
Do you know if that weather alert works with the phone's GPS so that it would give you alerts for you current location?

DQDick
01-07-2012, 05:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by mhs4771

Do you know if that weather alert works with the phone's GPS so that it would give you alerts for you current location?

The Ipad/Iphone version is called Weather Alerts and says it will use the GPS in the phone and you can set it for alerts from a 3 mile radius to a 100 mile radius. It says you can also set it for the severity you want to be notified about and then it will push a notice and make the phone sound a siren.
I just downloaded it, so it will take some playing with it and a little bad weather before I can give a review.

boylanag
01-07-2012, 06:10 AM
Mine is the Android version and uses the GPS to give the present location of the phone.

grampachet
01-07-2012, 06:15 AM
DQDICK thanks for the info. Just downloaded that weather alert app.