PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Area?

Rondo
11-22-2011, 04:45 AM
IF the weather is good enough to hook up the Monte after Christmas, we're thinking of heading South and possibly attending the Tampa Show in January then continueing on for further adventures. Can anyone recommend some good parks or resorts we can check out for reservations in that area to start our travels? Don't mind a short drive to the Show if you think everything will be filled in that area! Thanks for any advice in advance!

mail2us
11-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Ron and Mary,

the Quail Run Resort (http://www.quailrunrv.com/) at Wesley Chapel FL is a great park and only about 20 miles north of Tampa off I-75. That interstate can take you right to the Fairgrounds for the RV show starting Jan 11th.

Suggest you go to goodsamclub.com and look at Bushnell FL about 60 miles north of fairgrounds off I-75. Blueberry Hill is also well rated there.

You can park at the Fairgrounds as well but not sure how that works. It's limited on hookups but you'd be right in the complex.

Make reserevations asap as Jan-Apr in FL is the height of the season here. Don't forget to visit Busch Gardens in Tampa. Good Luck. Dennis[8D]

mhs4771
11-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Hey Rondo, if you get bored on the Gulf Coast, you can come over to the Atlantic Coast and if Treasure Coast where we're staying is full, there's a Nudest Campground just down the road (LOL) just West of Fort Pierce

CamillaMichael
11-22-2011, 09:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by mail2us

Ron and Mary,

the Quail Run Resort (http://www.quailrunrv.com/) at Wesley Chapel FL is a great park and only about 20 miles north of Tampa off I-75. That interstate can take you right to the Fairgrounds for the RV show starting Jan 11th.

Suggest you go to goodsamclub.com and look at Bushnell FL about 60 miles north of fairgrounds off I-75. Blueberry Hill is also well rated there.

You can park at the Fairgrounds as well but not sure how that works. It's limited on hookups but you'd be right in the complex.

Make reserevations asap as Jan-Apr in FL is the height of the season here. Don't forget to visit Busch Gardens in Tampa. Good Luck. Dennis[8D]
We use this campground as a launching point for every one of trips...it is a nice park and relatively close to most things in the Tampa area, including the Tampa RV show. They do seem to fill up quickly this time of year, so you may want to reserve early if you are interested. Please contact me if you have any questions about this campground. Michael

wingerphil
11-22-2011, 11:05 AM
We have stayed here http://www.passport-america.com/Campgrounds/CampgroundDetails.aspx?CampgroundId=2502 several times while in the area (have a rental property in Zephyrhills).
The fairgrounds is a short drive south on 301 (maybe 15 miles?).

The park is very friendly and has nice facilities. The downside is no cable and wifi is through Tengo Net and costs extra.

If you do not need sewer I would suggest Hillsborough River State Park on US 301 south of Zephyrhills http://www.floridastateparks.org/hillsboroughriver/. We have never stayed there but have been through it and looks very nice. This would put you even closer to the show.

Phil

sailer
11-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey Rondo...What do you think of the nudest park??? Do you think your wife will let you stay there...sailer

Rondo
11-22-2011, 03:30 PM
sailer--It would be something different than going to the Fall Rally wouldn't it?[:p]:D;)

washley1
11-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Ditto Hillsborough River SP, also the campground at lazy Days RV.

PapaBeav
11-23-2011, 03:03 AM
Quartzsite Ron;
Omaha to Tampa-1448 miles
Omaha to Quartzsite-1494 miles

So for an extra 46 miles you can come to another rally. :D:D:D

Rondo
11-23-2011, 04:43 AM
Got to hit the Tampa RV Show first Rich and see a neice down in Ft Meyers area!:D Then up into Alabama and Georgia and then down along the Gulf Coast for a little warmth this winter!;) If you're still down there when we get in the area I'll give you a hollar or you can join us in that new rig of yours on our adventure across the Gulf States[:p]!!

Ruth
12-18-2011, 04:01 PM
We like Tampa South RV Resort right on the river. They are also Passport America. The Fairgrounds isn't bad at all.

Rondo
12-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Still looking!

pineranch
12-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Ron,
You intend on stopping by our place?
Mike

Rondo
12-29-2011, 02:45 PM
If you're around we just might do that! You going to the Tampa Show?

sailer
12-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Rondo; Are you still looking , as I am calling Quail run RV tomorrow to get a reservation sailer

Rondo
01-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Still looking-- anymore suggestions?

donr827
01-10-2012, 04:52 AM
You might call Lazy Days CG and see if they have had any cancellations. When I checked in the receptionist mentioned that on occasion they will get a last minute cancellation due to illness.
Don

Rondo
01-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Called LazyDays today and we could get in but they are full on Thursday and Friday so we're still looking! Keep coming up with the suggestions!

scductman
01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Ron just a thought we are trying to get down there maybe first of feb and have called citrus hills in dover and the lady said they had lots of sites. alot of the winter folks didn't come this yr. I have never been there but it looks good. if anyone knows I would be interested to hear about it. 28.00 a nite 151.20 per wk tax included 420.00 plus tax and electric per month. right off i-4 north of tampa app 8 miles
Bobby

sailer
01-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Rondo;; Where are you;;sailer

indy roadrunner
01-12-2012, 11:42 AM
I read the reviews on Citrus Hills not sure I would want to camp there.
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-15765151-citrus_hills_rv_park-i

Sorry don't know how to do a "clicky"

scductman
01-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Phill I could not find anything on rv park reviews about it. I have not had time to ck it out a friend of mine in tn is going and he found it and called me. I called them and was told I didn't have to reserve as alot of there winter folks had not come down this yr. You may be on to something. We want to be around that area but I am going to have to look some more I guess.
Bobby

indy roadrunner
01-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Bobby, I have been putting feelers out for the Tampa area myself for maybe next Jan-Feb. I have researched all kinds of parks in the area looking for best price and reviews from others. Citrus Hills I couldn't find any thing on and put out feelers on another forum and I was sent this link of greatest to crappy. Don't know what to think about that - one review calls it a dump the next says it is the greatest. This raises a red flag for me as there are no in-between reviews.
I am leaning toward the Wilder RV resorts - there are several in that area.
Rondo you might try calling them for openings.

scductman
01-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks Phill that could be why they have sites.
Ron are you down in fla yet? where at.
Ruth I am having trouble finding tampa south I am PA and it sounds good I will keep looking.
Bobby

Ruth
01-17-2012, 08:05 AM
Bobby- it is listed under Ruskin in the PPA catalog on p.113. Nice people who run it and worth the short drive into town we think. But our daughter lives in Apollo Beach so it is just right for us. PPA price is $22.50 valid for 5 nights. We'll be there the first part of Feb. Good luck!

scductman
01-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks Ruth I found it monday and called and the lady said they were full. We are looking at feb 3th to feb 19th but she was as nice as anyone I have talked to sounds like great folks. We have a friend from tn thats going to be down the month of feb so we will try to stay where they do and he has talked to citrus hill in dover I am not sure about the CG there but I guess we will see. I was looking at both staying there.
Bobby

simonsrf
01-22-2012, 05:22 AM
You might consider staying at the E.G. Simmons county park in Ruskin. We stayed there several days and it was just fine.

E. G. Simmons Park (http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/parks/parkservices/regionalsites.cfm?facilitydetailid=363&selparks=363&selcategory=-1&zipcode=&First=1&Last=5)