PDA

View Full Version : Humorless Drones...

Ozz
04-22-2011, 02:39 PM
The Audacity and arrogance of this company astounds me, what business would not want feedback and suggestions to serve it’s customers better, or to bring new customers in?
People bringing in new ideas and new viewpoints from their perspective does no harm, it is not subversive, or inherently dangerous. I would think it would be foolish to shut off any input from customers or the public at large.
Yet… that is just what Direct TV did.
I wrote them, suggesting they become competitive in the RV market, as Dish is blowing them out of the water with Dish’s Pay-as-you go program. Dish even cozied up with Wineguard with a package for us Vagabond types.
The letter and suggestion was rather self-serving from me, as I have had a not-too-bad experience with Direct TV, and thought I heard that the automatic satellite finder had to do a time consuming…and noisy, search when changing channels with the Dish, where the Direct TV does not have to do the searching.
Here is the response from the humorless drone:
Response Via Email(Nerissa Ba. - 100192831) - 04/21/2011 08:53 AM
Dear Mr. Osbern,
Thanks for writing. While we welcome subscriber feedback regarding our existing products and services, we do not accept and will not review any unsolicited proposals or submissions.
Unsolicited proposals and submissions include creative or technical ideas, concepts or suggestions for any products, programming or services, such as content pitches, show scripts and new technology proposals.
Nevertheless, we appreciate your interest in DIRECTV and wish you well in your endeavors.
Sincerely,
Nerissa B.-100192831
Directv Customer Service

Idiots………

stiles watson
04-22-2011, 03:21 PM
After meeting that kind of attitude from directTV, I went with DishNet. Basically, saying they don't want your input or input from anyone else reflects the beginning of the end of their business model. Time will tell.

scductman
04-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Ozz I am a pass direct tv subscriber in my house. there are few companys more arogant and hard to deal with and down rite lie to you about the bill to get you to sign up with them. I know some folks on here have had good results with them and all I can say is you are very lucky!! I pulled the dish up with my truck sent them there components back and won't be using them again ever!! JMHO.
Bobby

HamRad
04-22-2011, 05:39 PM
It is amazing that there could be such a variety of experiences with the same company! Our various experiences with DTV have for the most part been very good.

Ozz it is hard to believe they could/would send out such a response. It sounds to me like a CYA legal statement. But that is no excuse for the reply. They really need to work on their presentations.

Good luck, Dennis

Waynem
04-22-2011, 05:51 PM
The more proper customer related (good customer) response should have been, "Thank you for your concern and suggestion. We will check into it." Now that doesn't mean that they will check into it, but you sure would have been a more happy customer - for awhile.

Phil P
04-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Hello

I went to Direct TV because of a similar response to a problem with Dish Network.

The sales people at Dish Network sold my wife a program package that our equipment would not receive. It was all down hill from there. When Dish refused to allow us to go back to the original programming we pulled the plug. I am still fighting with them about charges for part of the new package that we were never able to receive.

I would say that when a company gets that big it is likely the consumer would be unfortunate enough to encounter company employees that have this type of attitude.

This is the reason for extremely different experiences expressed between consumers of the same product.

Phil P

Ozz
04-23-2011, 12:50 AM
We had them as a provider for a few years and really had no complaints, we went to Time Warner Cable because of the Roadrunner Internet, the experience was almost comical, from the self-confessed pizza Delivery guy that came to install the equipment with 2 weeks on the job, to the 'Robots' that came out and severed buried wires and a gas line when laying the cable around my home. We constantly had problems with everything, the DVD receivers.. We went through 8 of them, Sue asked them what they did with the defective ones we brought back, they said they put them in back and other people checked them out...
We now have AT&T U-Verse. Love it, love it, love it. They have this deal figured out.
Too bad it needs that pesky cable.

CamillaMichael
04-23-2011, 02:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

It is amazing that there could be such a variety of experiences with the same company! Our various experiences with DTV have for the most part been very good.

Ozz it is hard to believe they could/would send out such a response. It sounds to me like a CYA legal statement. But that is no excuse for the reply. They really need to work on their presentations.

Good luck, Dennis
Agree...wonder if their concern is they might have some obligation to pay for any improvements/upgrades/etc in service based upon outside input?????

scductman
04-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Ozz I had a DTV lady from atlanta tell me when we were disagreeing on the remainder of the 1 yr contract that they would MAKE ME pay!! Welll that didn't fly. but we finally got everything worked out. my problem was the billing it was double every month what it was suppose to be the service was fine.
Bobby

Jdrobone
08-18-2011, 12:53 PM
I've had both direct-tv and dish. Can't tell the difference, both have their share of incompetents that just "read what's on their trouble-shooting screen". Some even speak English, at least fairly well.
Jerry

ols1932
08-19-2011, 01:12 AM
I guess there are those of us with DTV who have never had a problem with them -- yet. We've been with them in our rig since 2001, 10 years full time. Easy setup, easy tear-down, easy stow.

Orv

Captain Joe
08-19-2011, 03:01 AM
I waited in line at Circuit City in 1994 to buy one of the first DirecTV dish, receiver, and installation for $1,200. Have been with them ever since. I have never had major problems and get great service at home and in four different RVs over the years. They even give us anniversary gifts (free services on a temporary basis). Called them last night and requested that info be passed to the supervisors informing them that we will be losing our FOX affiliate here. Answer: "No problem. Please give me the information and I will get it to the right people." Maybe its because of our history with them.

c214dick
08-19-2011, 04:06 AM
We also have AT&T Uverse in Illinois and love it but have not decided whether to go with Dish, Direct or cable when we go to Florida for the winter. I guess it all depends on which one offers us the best deal for our 6 month stay. Any suggestions from you full or part time Floridians?

luvmywestie
08-19-2011, 05:47 PM
All I can say is WOW!!! I am blown away that they would answer you that way and with that tone. It sure wouldn't have taken a lot to write a nice letter thanking you for your interest and offering to look into your suggestions.

WOW! WOW! WOW!!! What dorks!

Ozz
08-20-2011, 02:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by luvmywestie

All I can say is WOW!!! I am blown away that they would answer you that way and with that tone. It sure wouldn't have taken a lot to write a nice letter thanking you for your interest and offering to look into your suggestions.

WOW! WOW! WOW!!! What dorks!

As a businessman, I have noticed that the employees take on the general corporate, or owners attitude about PR and customer relations. Their attitude probably filtered down from the top.
I think the people who have had no bad experiences with them probably haven't had any real problems that required any resolution, or any 'give' from the corporation.
I would hope that they improve, and at the same time doubt that they will.

Art-n-Marge
08-20-2011, 12:06 PM
I think we should all do what Captain Joe did. Pay $1,200 up front and you can bet your bottom body part they will be glad to kiss your.... wallet, with great service.

Plus, if they make him angry, he'll just call in the Marines!!! Hoo-ah!

c214dick
08-20-2011, 12:52 PM
I just got through negotiating with Dish & Direct for our TV & Internet requirements for Florida. The difference in professionalism was amazing. Dish got so pushy that I had to end the communication with them. It was done on line via chat and he kept questioning why I wasn't taking their "great" offer. I tried to explain that I needed the total cost for TV and internet before making a decision. I had a quote from the cable company and I needed to look up the internet rate from the link supplied by Dish before making my decision. He kept pushing and I disconnected the chat.

Direct TV was just the opposite they not only gave me a quote that knocked Dish out of the ball park but arranged for the internet connection through their "bundling department". the bottom line is that I'm going to get TV and internet through Direct for just a few dollars more than what Dish wanted for TV alone.

Maybe someone got to the Direct folks about customer satisfaction as I am very satisfied. Both the people at Direct that I talked to were very friendly and knowledgable. We even joked about the weather comparing Illinois to their location in Miami. I hope I'm not disappointed.

ols1932
08-20-2011, 02:46 PM
In 2001, Radio Shack had a special where I got DTV for $10.00 (ten), yes that's right; receiver, antenna, and 75 ft coaxial cable. It has worked excellently all this time. We've never been blocked out since we have the antenna mounted on a 2 X 8 which I fasten to the ground with tent stakes.

Orv

Captain Joe
08-21-2011, 03:51 AM
@ Ozz and Art. I have had some real problems over the years, especially during the East/West Coast local feed issues. They have always worked with me to resolve the problems. In 2005, the first DVRs came out, only you had to buy them vs. leasing them. I paid $1000 for my first DVR. Two years later, they stopped selling them and began leasing. Now, they do both, only the DVRs are $199. While they could not refund my $1,000, they gave me many concessions (free NFL Sunday ticket, DVR and HD service, movie channels, etc.) ever since to try to make up for it.

Ozz
08-21-2011, 03:56 AM
I think sometimes it is just the 'luck of the draw'. You could contact a great service rep, or the worst one in the company, glad it's working for you Joe.
Since our problems in Colorado, we have had smooth sailing, but the automatic dish is the main reason, it's working super.
I have a 'short fuse' when dealing with people over the phone, so Sue does the contacting, she is absolutely the nicest person I have ever met, so if she has problems, there is a problem.

Oh, Joe do you pay the $15.00 a month? We are, is that required?

K&Gs3400RL
11-04-2011, 08:22 PM
As you know we just had Direct TV installed, My first phone call to Them ended up with me hanging up on a very pushy saleslady. I called back a few days later and talked to a another sales person that was more than helpful. Install was great and so far so good on all communication with them. Guess we will see if it continues.

CORattler
11-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Don't get mad, get even! Send a copy of the email response the Direct TV company executives and to their competitors executives. Just think of the fun THEY would have with that response.