PDA

View Full Version : Good Sam Rally

Dave and Pat
04-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone will be attending the Good Sam Rally in Redmond Oregon this summer July 14th to the 17th. Maybe we could have a get together.It is billed as the worlds largest RV extravaganza. Vince Gill will be performing.Over a Hundred booths with reps from top manufacturers,and dozens of seminars.

The breakfast will be at Madeline's Grill Thursday the 14th at 8:30 AM
2414 S highway 97,just north of McDonalds between Veterans Way and Yew Wy on the east side of the street.We hope to have a big turnout.
Here's our list so far.

1.Ron Bauman...2
2.Cal Jones....2
3.Cathie Crawford..2
4.Dave Mathews....2
5.Don Gaines....2
6.Karen Lee.....2
12 people so far

Rondo
04-20-2011, 05:49 PM
We were at THE RALLY when it was held in Perry, GA. We didn't bring our Monte with us, stayed at my brother-in-laws and got the gatepass for the duration of the Rally. It was great and we learned a lot at it.

If it weren't hosting the Central Plains Regional Rally we'd considered it. We will be sitting at Pine Grove RV Park and Campground in Nebraka enjoying ourselves with a toddie and some great BBQ ribs! :D Come and join us if you get bored in Oregon!!;)

Emmel
04-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Dave and Pat, we really enjoyed the rally there about 4 years ago. We suffered the $5 a gallon fuel then, but unfortunately, can't do that again. We had a small gathering of about 15 MOCers and I'm sure everyone going will have a great time!
If you haven't been to Oregon and can handle the fuel prices, go and see some of the beauty of this country, and the sights going there and back too!

moutard2
04-21-2011, 09:49 AM
We'll be at the Rally! We're booked into the Crown Villa RV Resort in Bend, for a week. A Montana Pub get-together somewhere might be a plan!

tanner1070
05-24-2011, 02:46 PM
We will be there also. Spend the weekend before at the Crown Villa RV Park, then tuesday head to the Rally for the duration. Can't wait to get back home!

cmjone9
06-13-2011, 11:35 AM
We will be there as well, Ariving july 14th. Staying at the fair grounds.
Looking forward to meeting other Montana owners.

Rancher Will
06-21-2011, 12:51 PM
We will be at the Rally at Redmond.
Hope to meet other Montana owners.
Ours is Mod 3750Fl (the one with two entry doors).
We will be driving a Dodge Dually-Diesel with Colorado FARM License.

Dave and Pat
06-27-2011, 04:43 PM
There are a few restaurants close to the fairgrounds where the rally is,would everyone be in for getting together one evening ? I'll set it up if everyone's interested..Or we could do breakfast if everyone would rather...Let me know here,or I can e-mail the really attendees..

CATCRAW
06-28-2011, 07:11 AM
We would be interested, it would be great to meet other Montana owners since we are very new to the MOC. We will be at the Rally but since we live in Bend we aren't camping there. We will look for other Montana members though. A get together would be great.

Sunshine
06-30-2011, 06:12 AM
We'll be driving up to the rally for a day - probably Friday - to check it out. Camped at the previous two rallies in Redmond and enjoyed it. Will also be looking for other Montana owners.

tanner1070
06-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Count us in too. Be great fun meeting some MOC members. See you there.

Mel
07-03-2011, 10:01 AM
We will Staying at Cove Palisades State Park North of Redmond during the Rally. Martha and I would love to join the group for Breakfast on Thursday morning.

Rancher Will
07-04-2011, 02:52 AM
Count us in. We would be intersted in meeting other Montana owners too.

Rancher Will
07-06-2011, 06:22 AM
We received notice from Rally Mgnt that we are to arrive and check in the morning of July 14 before noon at Redmond.

Our RV is a Montana 3750FL towed by a Dodge Dually with Colorado Farm License Plates.

Looking forward to meeting other Montana RV'ers

Rancher Will
07-06-2011, 06:33 AM
We were hoping to meet you for Breakfast. However, I have now received a notice from the Rally Management that we are to arrive by noon on the 14th but not before on that morning.

Mel
07-13-2011, 02:49 PM
We are sorry to say we will miss the breakfast. A seminar I really want is only offered at that time. Maybe next time
Mel and martha

tanner1070
07-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone...looking forward to meeting at breakfast. Where is everyone parked at the rally? We are in lot F-1, row 90-2. Welcome to stop on by....

moutard2
07-13-2011, 05:48 PM
We're at the Crown Villa RV Resort in Bend site 455 for a week. The beer's always icy and the wine Italian and the welcome mat is out to all of you!

CATCRAW
07-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Thank you Dave & Pat for putting the breakfast together. It was great meeting other members and sharing information(stories). We enjoyed it and found a few items we couldn't do without at the Rally! Look forward to getting together again.

moutard2
07-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Yes, many thanks to Dave for organizing and arranging the breakfast AND many thanks to Cathie for for getting him out of bed that early in the morning to host the event. It was a great idea!!!

moutard2
07-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Pat probably wants to know why Cathie got Dave out of bed early. That may be an explanation best left to one's imagination ... or it could be a faux-pas on a poster's part. Guilty? Oui, I am! Sorry Pat! Sorry Cathie!

CATCRAW
07-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Trying to get me into trouble are you???? That's okay Ron did not see the posting! Great meeting you and hope to see you again soon.

tanner1070
07-14-2011, 08:26 PM
You guys are too funny!

It was so nice meeting everyone this morning for breakfast. Thanks again Dave and Pat for putting it together.

So...what did everyone buy at the Rally today? So far I picked up the Rand McNally naviagator for RV's. I will let you know how well it performs. Tomorrow I think I am going to get one of those colapsing ladders and might even spring for a flag pole. They look fun.

Keep you eyes open for the rest of the weekend. I'll be keeping mine open for you.

Dave and Pat
07-15-2011, 06:15 AM
Good Morning,
It was a fun get together, Cathie er I mean Pat and I enjoyed getting together with everyone. We will be at the show today and we'll watch for you guys...
Dave

CATCRAW
07-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Don - was there a Rally special price on the GPS at Camping World - if that is where you picked it up?

tanner1070
07-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Cathie, yes there was a rally price. CW had it marked off $50, Rand McNally had it marked off $70. The rand McNally spot was in the big arena building.

CATCRAW
07-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Okay Don - we had to go back and get the Rand McNally GPS. Looks pretty slick we'll see how it works!

tanner1070
07-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Cathie, I took the Rand McNally back this morning. I didn't care for it. Ended up with the Magellan instead. Check yours out well before the rally ends so you can take it back if needed. I talked to Cal from breakfast, he took his back too. Let me know how it works for ya.

CATCRAW
07-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Okay - what did you not like about it? I so far have just set up our RV on it. What did the other one do that was different?

CATCRAW
07-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Well thanks for the advice on the GPS. I decided I better play around with it and good thing - it froze up every time you tapped the screen and could only get it to work by powering off and on. Obviously a serious issue if you have to keep turning it on and off. Good concept but needs some work. Let me know how you like the new one you got.

tanner1070
07-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Well, played with the Magellan for the evening last night, then headed out using it today on our way back to Southern California. Stopped in Red Bluff for the night. The Magellan performed great. The only problem I had with it is after I paired it to my cell phone and got a call, it didn't want to end the session and go into the map mode again. I don't know if it was the Magellan or my phone wouldn't let go. The navigation worked perfect. It did have one highly annoying feature...keep telling me I was speeding!!! That is Diane's job...not the navigators job! lol I quickly disabled that feature! So far it has performed 110% better than the Rand McNally unit. So Cathie, dump that unit and get the Magellan. My favorite feature besides the Good Sam campsites and stuff is the ability to identify stations that sell diesel fuel!

Hey Cal...how do you like the Magellan?

CATCRAW
07-18-2011, 07:10 AM
Don - So what model is the Magellan? Does it have the RV mode to enter weight, height and that stuff? I did take the Rand McNally back as it was frozen. They wanted to give me another one, but when I pointed out the few issues I had with it they gave us a refund! I think I would need to disable the speeding feature as well - that would take my job away too!!!

Have a safe trip home.

tanner1070
07-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Cathie...the Megellan model is the 9165T. We finished the 800 mile trip home and it performed perfectly. It is the RV/Truck model similar to the Rand McNally unit (except this works!). You do put all your trailer dimensions just like the other one. It warns you of low overheads, narrow roads, etc. If you get it, I am sure you will like it. And...the larger screen is nice too.

Next trip up we will have to do dinner or something...the breakfast was fun.

CATCRAW
07-19-2011, 07:22 AM
I think I will look into it. The website says it will be released in August for sale. I guess the Rally was a pre-release. Glad you had a good trip home and yes dinner next time. It was so nice meeting you and the other MOC members that could make it to the breakfast.