PDA

View Full Version : 20-20 Vision

exav8tr
01-03-2011, 03:03 AM
I have always wondered if healthy dogs have 20-20 vision. Anyone have insight into this????:)

BB_TX
01-03-2011, 04:25 AM
Have them take an eye test? [:o)]

Trailer Trash 2
01-03-2011, 05:29 AM
I know my dog dont have 20 20, he can see and airplane up in the air and bark at it, but dont see a cat 20 or 30 feet away, he relies on his nose and ears more than anything now.

CamillaMichael
01-03-2011, 09:17 AM
We have a couple of neighbors in the community we live in who have dogs who are blind...not born that way. The dogs are not young and appear to be otherwise healthy. Think a trip to the vet would be in order if your furry friend is having eye sight problems????????

Champ_49
01-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Depends on if you are an old dog or not Phil? How well can you see you old dog you.............lol, just kidding of course!

Dave

exav8tr
01-03-2011, 03:35 PM
You guys make me laugh (in a good way). Villa not having issues, I was just wondering. Wife out of town and me with nothing to do but wonder!!!!!! I know as they age they can lose visual acuity. I was going to get her tested but I would have to teach her to read first, HA HA!!!! Champ, is Haley a dog?????? I knew an Eskimo in Alaska and we called him Haley, I think he was American also!!!!!(I know, get off the internet, Phil)

WaltandLynne
01-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Yes, there are vet ophthalmologists! I take my Cavaliers to one every year to check their eye health. I go to a local clinic where I have their hearts checked by a vet cardiologist at the same visit. You can find these clinics around the country ... usually by contacting a dog training club or such. Or you can check online and find one and go to their office. However, you will spend a lot more money.

The dogs don't read an eye chart. LOL. The vets check for the structural health of the eye. One of my girls, Lily, is blind in one eye due to a serious dog attack a few years ago. There are other eye problems that can develop and some can be helped with drops, etc.

I think my dogs see pretty well. They sure do enjoy watching the television!

Best, Lynne

pineranch
01-04-2011, 03:56 AM
My dog watches the "Dog Whisperer" every day at 1:00pm.

CamillaMichael
01-04-2011, 03:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by pineranch

My dog watches the "Dog Whisperer" every day at 1:00pm.
Have they learned how to control you, Mike?

Waynem
01-04-2011, 04:48 AM
I just returned from the ophthalmologist.

He barked at me a couple times when I was trying to adjust his machine.

Does that count?

Bill-N-Donna
01-04-2011, 05:04 AM
You guys are just too funny today!

exav8tr
01-04-2011, 05:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

I just returned from the ophthalmologist.

He barked at me a couple times when I was trying to adjust his machine.

Does that count?

I hope you threw him a bone, Wayne!!!!![}:)]

Waynem
01-05-2011, 02:29 AM
Phil,

I posted two separate replies, but then thought better of them and deleted them.

I have several answers, but, no comment.

;)

Sky
01-06-2011, 02:47 AM
You guys are asking the wrong people these questions: Go Ask A Seeing Eye Dog!

exav8tr
01-06-2011, 03:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sky

You guys are asking the wrong people these questions: Go Ask A Seeing Eye Dog!

Sky, I always thought these dogs only see eyes!!!!

Sky
01-06-2011, 03:40 AM
No, sometimes they see tunnels when they have tunnel vision

Waynem
01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
If Phil had a seeing eye dog he would probably train it to walk backwards so some one would look at him. (You know I'm kidding Cathy....errr Phil!)

exav8tr
01-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Wayne, Have you been spying on me again??????

Sky, That is a great comeback!!!!! Thanks Another one: If they have single vision does that mean they see single dogs????

(Where will this end?)

Sky
01-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Phil - I hope so, can you picture a dog trying to single our a single dog when he has double vision....
or better yet what if he had double vision and tunnel vision at the same time....now that would be worth watching just to see what
he/she runs into..

exav8tr
01-07-2011, 02:53 AM
I think there has been a few mornings when I had tunnel and double visions. Wow, I could only see two wives...Didn't last long when I put my arms around the wrong one........

Sky
01-07-2011, 05:29 AM
Phil-
I've been to a few domestics where the men claimed they did the same as you - they weren't a pretty sight when we got there...now I'm going to leave it at that!
I'm glad she let you live to write about it...(lol)
I noticed that both of you served our country and for that I want to say "Thank You and God Bless you"

exav8tr
01-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Sky, thank you for noticing and "You're Welcome, We would gladly do it again"!!!!! Unfortunately, I think your job put you at risk more than mine. Thank you for serving the public also........

Phil

BTW: That's a great looking Rotty you got there!!!!!

Sky
01-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Phil-Thank You too,,,BTY I also served from 1966-1969 in the Army..
Gotta be careful when you get near this rottie...he will have you on the ground before you know what hit you and then he will proceed to LICK you to death.
He has never grown out of that puppy stage...he just loves everybody. He thanks you too.