PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up to cable?

GRHooper
04-18-2010, 04:51 PM
I've hooked my cable line to the park's cable jack, the other end to the cable/satellite jack on my Montana 3605 but I'm missing something because the tv is still working via the antenna. I've consulted the "owner manual" to no avail. Can anyone help?

Jerry

Art-n-Marge
04-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Make sure your television is set up to display the cable feed (channel and display) and make sure the antenna booster is off. The antenna booster on my Monty is in the closet next to the bedroom television. Or maybe it's on... in any case press the little black button next to the green light. Whatever the button is, press it once to change to its other position.

Sorry about the confusion but I just got a major bout of CRS (can't remember ..... stuff).

BB_TX
04-19-2010, 05:15 AM
My box is also in the bedroom closet next to the TV. Push the little button and the green light comes on (antenna & amplifier on), push the button again the green light turns off (cable selected).

mhs4771
04-19-2010, 06:04 AM
Depending on the year and model you have, you may also need to jumper connections behind the livingroom TV. I have a 2010 2955 and it only has one feed coming in for Cable or Satellite. For the cable to work on both TVs the antenna amp must be OFF, as stated above and the jumper must be in place behind the LR TV to send the signal up to the built in splitter in the ant amp assy.

bob n pam
04-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Depending on your TV you may also need to choose the correct setting via "input". On our View Sonic for cable we have to choose "TV", then menu on remote, arrow over to cable setting and then auto channel search.

Wild Horse
04-20-2010, 04:43 AM
You've probably already solved your problem, but I wanted to throw this in....just picked up our '04 montana, and it has a cable hookup outside with phone jack AND a different satellite hookup on the outside ! I haven't hooked up the vuecube yet, but that's coming shortly.