View Full Version : Temporary License plate ?

G McCall
03-30-2009, 07:50 AM
I want to move my Travel Trailer and the License plate has expired.

Can one purchase a Temporary tag to move the trailer?

03-30-2009, 09:07 AM
In NY state you can purchase a temp for about 3.00 to move it to a specific location. You can do this twice a year.

03-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Call DMV.

03-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Move it at nite ,,sailer

03-30-2009, 05:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by sailer

Move it at nite ,,sailer
What - your Monty didn't come with a light over the license plate? :D. The only time I ever get busted with expired plates is at night, and it's always bring the Monty out of storage to home where I left the new tags by mistake.

In CO you might get by if you catch the clerk off-gaurd, but typically they will only issue temps on a new rig, or on your old one if you want to sell it and have already transferred plates from your old one to your new one. They get pretty sticky about you paying the taxes.