PDA

View Full Version : Unplanned MOC Encounter

Carl n Susan
02-15-2009, 05:08 PM
So here we and RPHOWARD are, camped in Kerrville, TX, it is Sunday night and no one wants to cook. O.K. we will go out for dinner. The first choice is real Texas Bar-b-que, second is "Hill Country Cooking" (what ever that is). Turns out that is easier said than done. It seems that most restaurants here are closed on Sundays. So after a couple of false starts, we end up at the ubiquitous Cracker Barrel.

We had just sat down when a couple approached. "Are you members of the MOC" they asked? Probably what gave us away was Ray's blue MOC sweatshirt. Turns out it was JBMANN52. They had just finished eating and were leaving when they spotted us.

You just never know when you will encounter the nicest people!

HamRad
02-15-2009, 06:29 PM
It is a small and wonderful old world we live in. Glad you made some more MOC friends.

Dennis

richfaa
02-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Bumping into MOC'ers on the road has happend with us on more than one occasion.MOC'ers get around.

sreigle
03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Well, shoot. I haven't been on MOC since early January. If I had, I'd have seen this thread. Carl and Susan, RPHoward, I'm sorry we missed you. We spent Jan and Feb at Blazing Star in San Antonio. We were in and through Kerrville a couple of times. We're long gone, now. Sorry we missed you.

richfaa
03-26-2009, 04:20 AM
ChuckD..Chuck and Patty Dingman from NY had PM'ed us about coming down to Disney for a vacation and gave us a call when they got in. We went over to their resort yesterday and had a nice visit. It is always nice to meet folks that you only know in cyberspace. They are off on a Disney cruise today.As usual ..very nice folks. We enjoy encounters like that.