PDA

View Full Version : Wireless TV Hookup

Jolu
12-04-2008, 06:57 AM
Being a sucker for electronic gadgets, I had to try one of those Audio/Video sending units. Got to tell you I'm impressed with the RF-Link 5.8 GHz Audio/Video Sender Mod: AVS-5811.

I haven't had a chance to try it in the RV yet. Works well in the house from one end to the other. Even the HD channels are good with the composite cables. Of coarse composite cables can not be expected to preform as well as HDMI. However the quality is acceptable to me for my 19" LCD.

I will be using this Wireless setup in the Monty for the TV I use on the kitchen table. It could be used for a tv in the outside storage, patio tv or any other tv use.

This type of Audio/Video sending and receiving units come in 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. The reports I have read indicate that the 5.8 GHz unit has less of a problem with interference. There is less traffic on the 5.8 GHz band. The 5.8 GHz unit will cost a little more than double the 2.4 GHz cost.

Benefits of this RF Link is you can put a tv about anyplace you want without running RF or other cables. There are composite cables included for connecting the send and receive units to the tv and the output source. The claim is the unit will work up to about 300'. You can also buy extra receiver units if you need them.

You can check them out on Ebay,Radio Shack and a internet search. JB

eeoski
12-04-2008, 09:02 AM
JB

Thank you for sharing this information. I have wondered about if and how well they work. Sometimes it would be nice to take a t.v. outside the RV and watch it there without a permanent set up. Now I know!

Robin