View Full Version : Selby, Montana

bob n pam
09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Woo Hoo!! We made it back to the states today. The agriculture inspector at Sweetgrass took my fuji apples and a pear today, but, hey, what's a little fruit between friends! From here we'll wind our way to Sioux Falls and then onto Chicago for our granddaughter's 5th birthday. What a great trip we've had.

Pam

Icehouse
09-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Glad to hear y'all have made it safely back to the Lower 48. And just in time, we have termination dust!!!! Oh, I am so happy!

David and Jo-Anna
09-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Oh Bummer, they took your apples and pear!!!!!

We're in the Badlands in South Dakota - heading to Nebraska and Kansas next.

bob n pam
09-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Tammy, what's termination dust???

Pam

Icehouse
09-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Termination dust is the first snowfall on the mountain tops! It's basically signifying the termination of summer - except we haven't had summer yet! It's been raining for 13 days straight, but snowing on the mountains!!!
Tomorrow we are taking the end of season train from Seward to Portage Glacier. I am praying hard for some pretty weather. The fall colors are spectacular and I want some good pictures!

bob n pam
09-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Boy, I wish we were there with you. I loved Seward. It rained here last night, but yesterday was 79 degrees and clear skies. You would have roasted with your Alaksa blood!

Pam