View Full Version : MOC in Alaska

BirdingRVer
07-13-2008, 02:57 PM
I had written:
"Bill & Stacy,
We are staying at Denali RV Park & Motel

There about a half a dozen other Montanas staying here as well are you?"

It turns out that Bill & Stacy were parked in the row right behind us. We did get a chance to meet and chat for a little before they had to leave for their park bus trip. I do think I got newly retired Bill thinking that going to the MOC circle in Quartzsite might be better than spending winter in Michigan.

This morning while waiting for a shuttle bus at the Denali visitor center we saw David and Jo-Anna step off of a different shuttle bus and had a few minutes to get caught up with them. Kind of strange to think that the last time we saw them was 6 months and 3,600 miles ago at Quartzsite.

DHenry and Golfnuts seem to be moving too fast or we are moving too slow to catchup with them but once they hit Homer they will have to turn around so we may yet see them on the road.

Grant

HamRad
07-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Grant,

It sure is great isn't it! I'm really enjoying my trip to Alaska. That is enjoying the trip through all my MOC friends. Keep on enjoying your trip and see you in Q!

Take care.

Dennis

David and Jo-Anna
07-13-2008, 03:50 PM
YUP - it was great seeing Grant and Kathy this morning!! We had been looking for them on the road, but they've been having too much fun in Denali to leave.

Our four traveling companions are really impressed that we have so many friends in Alaska. It's been great!

GOFNUTS
07-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Grant & Kathy,
Didn't realize we were traveling so fast! We will be in Seward until the 18th. Where will you go after Denali? Don't forget if you get a chance, visit Mary Carey,s McKinley Lodge on your way South for lunch.

exav8tr
07-14-2008, 01:28 PM
You guys are just having too much fun in Alaska. While in, or near Anchorage, one should visit Lake Hood. The busiest seaplane base in the world.........BTW, I'm still waiting for my fresh fish pack!!!!!!!!!

DHenry
07-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Phil, I sent the fresh fish home to Forestville, If you want to come by after we get home in September I will cook some for you.

wswebster
07-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Grant, Great meeting you. Sorry we couldn't talk longer. We are now in Anchorage till Wednesday then on to Homer for 3-4 days then on to Seward. We were not able to see Mt. Mckinley on our bus tour but we saw lots of the wildlife. On Sat. we drove back to the park and got to see the mountain summit, took some really good pictures. We also did the ATV adventure ride, boy was that a blast, we didn't get too muddy. We've been gone from home for 4 weeks and retired for 5, life is great. Saft travels, Stacy

David and Jo-Anna
07-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Doug, what did you catch?

DHenry
07-15-2008, 05:44 AM
We caught Halibut out of Nanilichik. They were not large but we got around 22 pounds of fish. We will be going Silver Salmon fishing tomorrow out of Seward.

David and Jo-Anna
07-15-2008, 05:49 AM
YUM YUM - Good Luck and Have fun!!!