PDA

View Full Version : Skagway, Alaska

David and Jo-Anna
06-09-2008, 07:30 AM
We arrived in Skagway on Friday. Beautiful! We've seen so much gorgeous scenery along the way and lots of wildlife. Took the train up to White Pass yesterday and tomorrow we head to Haines on the ferry. This sure is fun.

Jo-Anna

rvfirefighter
06-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I know what your talking about, it is beautiful. You are not missing anything in the lower 48, enjoy yourselves.

D and M On The Road
06-09-2008, 01:03 PM
I've been to Skagway twice, but only as a stop on a cruise ship trip. Downtown in the main shopping area is a little restaurant just off the main street that serves Mexican & Greek food (what a combination, eh?). It's been excellent each time we've been in there. If I can remember the name of it within the next day or two, I'll post it here. Have a geat time.... I envy you being able to explore Alaska at your leisure.

:)

Margee.

Icehouse
06-09-2008, 03:32 PM
When will you get here?

David and Jo-Anna
06-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Tammy,

It will probably be around the later part of June before we hit Seward.

timandsusan
06-10-2008, 06:35 AM
A really great trip out of Seward is on the Kayak Delivery boat into Kenia Fjords NP. They only take a few sightseers depending on how many kayakers are coming or going. We went last year and it was the best trip on the water that we had--lots of animals and everything! The glacier calving was also spectacular. I don't remember the exact name of the company but they have brochures in Seward and probably the internet.

rlwhit
06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Was wonderimg where you, than I found this post. Glad you are having a grand time.Any bears yet?

Dick and Toni

David and Jo-Anna
06-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Dick and Toni - yes, we are having a grand time! So far, 4 black bears and one brown bear but none of them where eating fish so I have yet to get that picture!!!!!

Jo-Anna