PDA

View Full Version : Greta is having trouble adjusting.....

jrgwdenner
05-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Poor Greta. I think she'll be a truck traveling dog forever. She can't figure out this new SOB motorhome that we've had to buy to meet our present needs. She carefully observed our packing, including the admission of her food and treats to the mix, and when we were finally ready to go....she walked straight to the truck! We've always traveled in the truck pulling the RV behind us. So what's this about crawling into the rig and taking off? And how can she cuddle with the driver when there's no bench seat to lay down on? Who made this choice anyway? It got better when we took her to the woods so she could chase a few squirrels but it's going to take some time for Greta to get used to this new setup. The rest of us are doing better.

Mrs. CountryGuy
05-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Poor baby, they sure are creatures of habit.

Sweet story!

jrgwdenner
05-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks, Carol. Glad you enjoyed it! Creatures of habit and smart, too, as you well know with your kids.

sreigle
05-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Sounds like your truck needs to become a towed/toad and you can ride back there with Greta?

RC and Samantha
05-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Judy, sorry to read Greta is having trouble adjusting. Maybe a bed for her to rest on between the front seats will make her transition a bit better? Might have to make a special taller one to be level with your seats? [8D] ;)

I'm sure she'll adjust & love the extra room to wander around. Plus all those nice comfy beds & seats will feel comfy to her soon.

Wishing you all the best in your travels & for Greta to make the transition quickly.

Patty

jrgwdenner
05-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the good wishes, Patty. Greta experimented with several spots in her new MH. I'm sure she'll find a favorite but she'd really like to be cuddled up to one of us, which isn't gonna happen in this rig.

Steve, I think you should come buy and test that ride out for Greta. For right now, that setup doesn't sound very appealing to me!

adelmoll
05-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Poor Greta... I just hope she doesn't run to the neighbors when you are planning a trip... Don't worry about Greta.. She is just trying to put you on a guilt trip... She's no dummy.

Hugs,
Helen

jrgwdenner
05-31-2008, 02:51 PM
You are so right, Helen. She's smart as a whip, too smart for her own good. But she's a good traveler. I think she'll adjust. I'm sure she will as she wants to be on the road.