PDA

View Full Version : White Elephant Gift Exchange

Parrothead
05-06-2008, 07:54 AM
After the BBQ on Saturday, May 24
Bring your wrapped gift (with nothing to identify who brought it) the day of the BBQ dinner. There will be a table set up in the room for that purpose. One slip for each RV at the rally will be placed in a container. If there is more than one couple in an RV there will be slips for each if they both choose to participate.

The gift choice is yours. You can bring something nice or something funny. The price should range between $10-15 and it should be in new or very good condition. One gift per RV or couple.

The game is started by drawing a name. That person (couple) will choose a gift from the table. The winner MUST open the gift while at the front of the table and show everyone what they received.

The next name is then drawn, and that person will have a choice to either pick and open up a wrapped gift from the table OR take the first gift that was opened. If the second person chooses to take the first persons gift, the person who “lost” their gift, then has to take another gift from the table, they cannot take someone else’s gift.

Another name is drawn, and then that person has the option of picking out a new gift, or taking someone else’s gift and so on and so on. Sometimes one gift is often chosen over the new gifts over and over (and there is NO limit on how many times a gift can be “stolen”).

As with all activities you can choose to participate or skip the event. But you will be missing out on a lot of fun!

Happy trails......................

Dave Anderson
05-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Great Sue; we missed last years white elephant!!!Got a new space 328A

PartyCrashers
05-17-2008, 08:54 AM
OH! Shoot!

Does everybody have their white elephant gift?

I don't! And I just hit the panic button!

I will not get anything else done this weekend till I find that elephant.

Lije Baley
05-18-2008, 06:13 AM
I actually have an elephant! However, rest easy, Mariana was very clear that it goes back to the same bunch from whom we received it at their next gift exchange....

Time to do some shopping!